I know we have ALL had these days BUT

Buellride

Forum Supporter
It doesn't get much easier to deal with. 3 different parks, 3 1/2 hours of detecting and a junk ring and $. 45 is all I have to show for it:mad:

Attachments

• 20170624_072037.jpg
    20170624_072037.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 542
I can relate, most of my detecting trips are pretty much like that, ticks me off too. :laughing:

The days I find really good stuff are few and far between but pretty dang exciting when they do happen.

Hang in there!

We've all had hunts like that. I can remember one where I spent 90 minutes and came away with only ONE Lincoln cent. Hopefully that record will never be broken.

It's days like those that make some people second guess the hobby, you must put it where it belongs, in the past and move forward to the next hunt! That ring could have easily been silver or gold. Good luck out there!

You are not alone...

The places I have left to hunt are no picnic either. I spent 4 + hours one day hunting near 90 degree heat and humidity and **luckily** I managed to make one find(among all the bent and cut nails) - a 1905 IH cent. Yep went back the next day for another 4 + hours and the only thing I received was an abundance of sunshine, fresh air and plenty of exercise :) Still better than a day at work. :grin:

Here is a suggestion. (I have done this myself many, many times and has worked wonders for me in making nice quality finds)

Look around one of your parks that you hunt heavily. Now look for places at this park that you would never, ever even think of hunting at and go there. For example, this one park I hunt there was this little clearing near the side of the road coming into the park. (no more than 25 sq ft) I drove past this little area for 20+ years and never gave it a thought because what the cr*p could of been lost there? lol Yep that was my mind set. Decided to hit the area and within the first couple of minutes, I managed to recover a 1921 merc and 3 "teen" wheat cents.

Now, NOTHING is off limits. Since I have gone with this attitude, I hunt the wooded sections of my parks that have hills, valleys, streams, if there is ground, I am covering it even if that means I have to heavily work at it. For my efforts I have made some incredible coin finds over the years. You would not believe the coins (nice 1800 & 1900's silver too :) ) that I have found even in the middle of the woods at the parks I hunt. Just never know where the next good find is going to be. Think outside the box and go where no one else would go because it is "too much work or ahhh nothing is in there attitude" just like the one I use to have lmao. Not anymore...

It doesn't get much easier to deal with. 3 different parks, 3 1/2 hours of detecting and a junk ring and $. 45 is all I have to show for it:mad:

Yep, regularly and all the time too!!!:laughing::laughing:

Me three!!:lol:You shoulda seen the absolute horseshit I dug yesterday along with a 3 hour round trip..it SUCKED!!:lol:

Who said it..."sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug":lol:

Thank you all for the reply posts, appreciate the encouragement and perspective. I have been doing this hobby for a while but that last hunt really ticked me off, gotta get back on the horse. HH

I kept getting back on the horse for 2 years before I found a silver coin.... still looking for the second one:wow::D

Back
Top Bottom