Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Clubs, Hunts, and Events

Old 06-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Grammar Police

Originally Posted by demyansk1942 View post
Hey Mud, we will have to run into each other in years ahead. I want to buy a class A home and travel around for a few months at a time in the winter months down south. In the summer, head up to Canada or northern USA.
I think more of us have this dream than would like to admit!
Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Man! That sounds like the Plan! Stay just ahead of the weather, and be in the paydirt! I'm doing a tremendous amount of research into the RVs as well as watching a lot of youtube vids by people that are Fulltimers....The Ins and Outs of State Registrations, mail forwarding services,...checking out "Workkamping" ways of making money on the road etc...

I'm also surfing For Sale Used rigs...Looking at Class A's and C's...I'm pretty good at fixing things.... experienced with AC/DC power, hydraulics, HVAC, plumbing, and wringing a lot of years out of a vehicle..So yeah, it should be a good fit for a final adventure kind of deal for a guy like me. Good Luck brother! Maybe we can start a Metal Detecting Convoy Someday!
Count me in brothers, we could easily start a club!
I prefer the class C style, perhaps with a couple mopeds on the back

Old 06-21-2017, 04:33 AM
Elite Member

I made a mistake, I meant a Class C, which are smaller.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by matmit View post
I think more of us have this dream than would like to admit!

Count me in brothers, we could easily start a club!
Imagine the possibilities of a group of Gypsy Vagabond traveling detectorists! We all have a variety of skillsets and gear, and could absolutely roll in and clean up! We all know a lot of people and places already, we all are good at research, tracking weather, etc.... Gumball Rally! Talk about a Big Year! Man! Circle the Wagons Boys!! To pull this dream off, all we gotta do is get rid of these Wives somehow!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.