7 Silvers on Fathers Day hunt with the Monster

Once in awhile you have one of those hunts...today was that time. Trapper picked the spot,and we proceeded to kick the SNOT out of that place. Very odd,actually,because it's on a site that is SO visible it's hard to imagine that we were able to extract what we did. Once the couple of hotspots were located, it was just a matter of doing some serious gophering, and it paid off. The trick here was NOT to dig up anything and everything...rather TARGET the depth and numbers and get as close to what we were hunting as possible in the first place...then break out the shovel. For silver shooting, it can't be all willy nilly!
Thanks Trap for a great day,the rest of my venture went without a hitch and all is well. And Jeff...I got "sat down" with that Franklin, hopefully your "sit down" wasn't that rough!:lol:
I always enjoy picking a good brain,today was no exception. I think we concluded that in the end...the machine has to get the initial hit,and then the operator must know the machine well enough to know what to do with it. That simple. Been discussed before...end of discussion here.
I added my two Mercs from yesterday because my pile isn't quite big enough. Along with the coins(sorry I already bagged the wheats,they don't excite me as much) I found a small piece of float copper and a whopper of a bullet. Yes,in a school yard. Hmmmm....
Happy hunting everyone and to us Dads...Happy Fathers Day!
It was a very good day Kevin and we did punish this site. The excess growth to the borders sure would be nice to hit as I believe there may be more treasure to be had. i look forward to future adventures and I thank you for this one.
Great Hunt and some nice silver. Congratulations.
Thank you Jerr. Its always great to dig shine.
Jack, Big congrats. What a nice pile of silver. Glad to see your hard work paid off with some nice silvers. Continued success to you. HH !!
Appreciate the comments Andy, it was a pretty good day for us both.
It was a bit of a short notice outing Mike but I should have invited you along.

No worries buddy, I was off but spent some quality time with the wife. I hope you had a wonderful Fathers Day my friend. Will plan on something soon for sure!!! :)
I look forward to it Mike. It has been to many days between time off.
Awesome day man!!!! Congrats...
No better description whale. It was awesome. Jack

Big congratulations Trapper!
Ben is the one half which continues to elude me...
Thanks Matt, Ive dug a few Bennie's over the years but not often enough to get tired of it.
Yea, now that is an awesome hunt. Especially throwing the Franklin in to the deal !!
It was a lot of fun Semtav except the deep nails. The Bennie was a surprise as it was not the really high numbers you'd expect. Rang in like a Silver Quarter
That's an impressive haul, big congrats!
I thank you Gal, the hunt was very enjoyable and with all the shine it just made it extremely unforgettable.
Outstanding hunt Trapper...congrats on Big Ben, the other 6 silvers and the rest of the digs!
Thank you Bruce. I need at least a dozen of these types of hunts just to catch up to you this year. Some how I just think that's not going ton happen.
Oh wow guys 👀
What a great Father's Day !
Look at the size of that Benji 😍.
Your Killers guys .. pure top of the detecting food chain predators.
Another location cleaned out forever !!!!
Love it .. any other good little stories from the day?
Nothing like pulling almost a full Troy ounce of silver in a single hunt ....Wow !,Dew
I had a pretty good day Brad and Kevin made it a lot of fun. No extreme details in this one but did dig a cat food container that was squashed down to the size of a Morgan. Also polished a lot of roots on the double Merc dig. And I still dig way to many nails. Trapper

Amazing hunt, that's a crazy silver haul!
Thanks Zee. I really enjoy digging Silver, just wish some of it had the value of those tokens you dig up.
Let's just say when it's rolling it's rolling! Sadly,after I found the Washington my shitt developed a flat tire and stopped rolling...Trapper must have run flats...gets jacked up by a few deep nails and just keeps popping coins like he was throwing night crawlers in a pail. He dug 2 (yes 2) silver multiples...2 Mercs in a hole and a Washington and Rosie in a hole.
I'll say what else is amazing....it seems ALOT of guys everywhere are digging ALOT of really good items of ALL kinds. I think this forum along with forum members actually meeting up and bouncing ideas and experience around helps ASTRONOMOCALLY in the progression of the hobby for many people. I know it has for me and I hope to have many more outings with the fine people I've met so far!!
You never had a flat tie Kevin just did not get the coil over another Silver coin. Besides if you'd known that digging deep nails aspires me to higher levels you would have cleaned them out before they would fuel me. I only dug 4 Wheat's but something a bit odd as I don't often check the dates on them but did so on these 2 were dated 1944 and the other 2 were from 1920.

Just want to add to your other comment. I agree totally with your perspective. This forum and the members have made us all a lot better as we share our experiences and adventures. A vast improvement for the image of this hobby and its growth. Like you I look forward to many more outings with the members and the quality friends I have found in this group.

Amazing Work there fellas! I love those BF Halfs! Sort of a rare find...
Thank you Mud, I also love the rare Bennie, also love Walkers and Merc's, and also Rosie's and Barber's and Stander's and Seated's. Then there's the old Gw's and War Nickels. Not sure about Bust's as I have never dug one. anyway I think you get the gist. Trapper

Love the finds! That Ben is awesome, still want to find one of those some day.....

Wow, glad to see you get out and you guys had a killer hunt. Congrats on all the finds and sweet Franklin!
Thank you Jason, it was a great time and I hope I can repeat something close to it in the near future. Big thing is the time, or lack of it.
Love the finds! That Ben is awesome, still want to find one of those some day.....
Appreciate your reply Sean. I'm sure that a Big Ben will show up in your future. Just got to put in the time.
Well done Jack, nice job cleaning up on the silver.
Thanks Liam, this site was really a unexpected success. It had been obviously been hunted hard in the past by others we just worked the heck out of the edges and it really paid. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom