T2/Patriot iron foil range?

TabZilla

Forum Supporter
Curious about the iron and foil range on these two.
Not sure if it's just for visual representation or not,
but the t2 seems to have a larger iron area and a more
compressed mid range than the patriot. I'm only going off
the graphic on the screen, and after watching a couple videos
it seems like the patriot disced out nails at a lower number than the t2.
If the mid range is larger on the patriot would it make it
any better at finding/IDing that low foil range gold?

Noah

This is a big difference, a programming difference since both units are cousins and definitely have similar abilities and technology in many areas.

Iron area on the T2 is 1-40...on the F70/F75/Patriot it is 1-15 and both have a range of 1-99 total.

More ability to deal with and ID iron with that bigger iron range on the T2 but something has to give so the upper end from foil to top end is more compressed...less numbers available for most things from foil on up.

A 1-15 spread on the Patriot and the Fishers opens it up a bit, more numbers to play with and assign to the higher conductive areas which to me, being a gold hunter at heart, seems logical that it might have a little advantage especially in the middle end...the prime gold area.
All targets will come in somewhere on both units so nobody misses anything but in my difficult dirt with jumpy numbers on most everything due to my mineralized soil plus huge amounts of extra iron the more data I can gather about targets, numbers, behavior, tones, the easier it is for me to make digging decisions because I am not a dig it all guy anymore and try to avoid the most trash as possible but still find the good stuff.
A bigger spread in the mid end seems to help me with that so for me the F70 was the better choice.
I wrote about my environment and why, even with all the intense amount of iron I deal with, this range is better for me.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2360865,2361418#msg-2361418

I can see a T2 for relic hunters would make a lot of sense.
I like hunting for that type of target too but I aim for bullets and buttons and the sort of thing that comes in higher and not in the iron range.
For those that look for relics that fall in that range of iron, for instance some certain piece of a trigger guard or whatever that might be about a 20 on the VDI, having a large iron spread can help target that specific conductivity number in a sea of junk iron that is all over the iron range more efficiently.
Conversely if I come across a small piece of gold in let's say the foil range, more numbers might be a slight advantage to me since I use both tones and screen info to make digging decisions.

The truth is these things hit on all targets and I know people that hunt with a T2 and others with the Fishers and I know the T2 has no problem finding jewelry or coins or anything else and Fisher people don't seem to have much problem at all hunting in heavy iron...I don't, anyway.
Most times it is more of a personal thing, some hunters like chocolate and some prefer vanilla.
If I got a T2 instead of an F70 I am pretty sure I would have learned to love it just as much as I do my F70 and probably would have found about the same amount of treasure but I did get the F70, got used to it so I don't really think I would enjoy hunting with the T2 as much since I had that experience.
Others that only know the T2 might probably think the same.

They all work, they all are great it is just what you learn and get used to.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Digger.
Been contemplating a digital machine to play with.

I go with both, analog Tesoros and my digital F70.
Both fun, I have been mostly using my new Mojave lately getting used to it, finding some great stuff and I am very surprised and pleased on how well it works here but my prime is still that Fisher.
In my devil dirt and extra iron conditions it just helps me find more treasure while digging less trash overall.

Back
Top Bottom