• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How well does the Deus alert you on targets?

I just received a brand new Rutus v1.1. I really like the hybrid Xterra 705 and Deus vibe. I think soil is the difference. Some test garden use only it's not really seeming any different than Deus. Definitely not deeper in mild soil but I do prefer the Rutus tones. I haven't even begun to try all the options though. just some basic frequency/recovery changes on testing.

A 6 inch dime is no issue on it or the deus with even 9" in my garden though. Heck even my Tracker 4 will tick on the dime in my soil every once in a while. But when it comes to 9" penny and 10" quarter the rutus and deus struggle a bit compared to say Minelabs with same size coils. Just my soil I guess. The design trumps the Impact easily nice light and solid. though the grip angle is slightly too forward like the impact.

Look forward to your future comments.
Especially after using in a modern trash site.

Nice one!
Funny how detectors work in differing ground, users and prefered targets, there really is no single super detector.
Personally i think the cc coil is a bonus. In not too heavy iron it will work well, here's a vid of it doing the nailboard test with a hammered penny, which is way lower down the conductivity scale than a nickle.

https://youtu.be/w7uuNS0bAIc

I just received a brand new Rutus v1.1. I really like the hybrid Xterra 705 and Deus vibe. I think soil is the difference. Some test garden use only it's not really seeming any different than Deus. Definitely not deeper in mild soil but I do prefer the Rutus tones. I haven't even begun to try all the options though. just some basic frequency/recovery changes on testing.

A 6 inch dime is no issue on it or the deus with even 9" in my garden though. Heck even my Tracker 4 will tick on the dime in my soil every once in a while. But when it comes to 9" penny and 10" quarter the rutus and deus struggle a bit compared to say Minelabs with same size coils. Just my soil I guess. The design trumps the Impact easily nice light and solid. though the grip angle is slightly too forward like the impact.

I dug a flat button tonight, among other things. DSC03085.JPG

I've had doing a fair bit of hunting the past while with my Deus and Rutus.
I know folk say the Deus is hot on round targets, maybe it's perceived that way, but i feel the Deus is defo missing small odd shape and wire thin targets compared to the Rutus, so your more likely to just dig the round targets.
But my Rutus is now sold, it found a new home very quickly.
I'm going to stick with the Deus, i do like it, personally i find the advantages it has over the Rutus is more about ergonomics than function, but with more use that may change.
Are these advantages worth the extra that the Deus costs, £1300 for the Full Deus, £695 for the Rutus 2 coil pack?????
I'd say it's all about what your intended target is and the type of hunting grounds. On say an old medieval site where you dig everthing above iron at shallow depths both are perfect, on a modern site i'd take the Rutus every time with it's added ability to run a CC coil and high khz while ID is set to 4khz to spread out the target ID's just as TNSS alluded to
I've the mi-6 pointer arriving today, so that should add to the fun!

I dug a flat button tonight, among other things.View attachment 388186

Think i've got my settings sorted, i've got the Deus running hot !
When your hitting these little silvers you know your not missing much, it gave a good solid signal at around 5", the buckle was at the depth of the MI-6 pointer, the big copper was shallow @4" and near burst my eardrums lol, it also hit well on the lead seal.
Feeling more confident with the machine the more i use it.

Attachments

• 2017-07-22 18.03.21.jpg
    2017-07-22 18.03.21.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 2017-07-22 18.03.47.jpg
    2017-07-22 18.03.47.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2017-07-22 18.04.01.jpg
    2017-07-22 18.04.01.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 73
Cheers Bibelot, there's a real mixture of dates that comes out of that small field, the main bulk of the finds are 18oo's, but the (very) odd medieval coin also.
Just happy to be finding small stuff.

Nice find, looks like a spoon handle piece as well.

Back
Top Bottom