Nissan Juke???

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Anyone here have or have had a Nissan Juke, a guy ran a red light the other day and ran into my wife's Suzuki SX4 and totaled it (no one was hurt). She loved that little vehicle, I can get a decent deal on a 2016 Nissan Juke, it is an all wheel drive like the Suzuki was and that is a priority with her. I brought it home for a day or two to try, she hasn't seen it yet but will soon (she is having dinner with the people she works with). It drives and rides nice but not alot of room inside which might be the deal breaker. Would like opinions of this vehicle if you know anything about them. Thanks! Steve

Thank God no one was hurt !

While I'm not familiar with that model myself, I did an online search with the words -

"2016 Nissan Juke" reviews

and quite a few results came up, so search with the above and that might help while you're waiting to hear if any forum members have (or had) one.

To me jukes are kind funky looking, but if she likes it awesome news!
I have a friend with a rogue, nice little suv.

Nissan makes great cars. I've had several, mostly of the "Z" variety. From what I've heard/observed, the transmissions are the best of the car, meaning very solid.

Many oddly shaped vehicle models now take a certain eye for their liking, like the Nissan Leaf and the Honda Fit. It's definitely an upgrade from a Suzuki though. I don't find the Juke a particuarly attractive vehicle, but ever since the Pontiac Aztek came out over a decade ago, there have been many more "alternatively styled" vehicles available.

I can't recall the name of the current vehicle that has the wrap around the side back window, but wow...that thing is ugly IMO. As far as Nissan, I'd gladly take a GT-R off anyone's hands if need be.

mrnovice, i think that was the nissan cube with the wraparound corner window. Purely aesthetic on the outside, the inside had plastic over the corner so it was regular window sized.

Drove the Juke on a couple drives. Lots of road noise, uncomfortable (not enough room), very basic inside compared to other vehicles in its class.

Found a 2014 Buick Encore awd with 16,100 miles on it, night and day difference between this and the Juke. Really sharp looking vehicle, very quiet, tons more features, drives & rides very nice and plenty of room. Some don't but I have always liked Buicks.

Nothing wrong with buying used, i would recommend it the way new prices are and the fact that cars are built SO much better than they used to be. I'd have no qualms about buying a higher mileage say toyota rav4. As long as you like what you got that's awesome!

Nissan repair parts are very expensive on account of they are constantly changing designs and whatnot...I've had 2 Frontiers in the past...on this alone I avoid Nissans..Glad to hear your Wife is OK there Ski....

That is why I drive 2 ton American cars. Two different people ran red lights last week crossing in front of me. They almost got over 4000 pounds in the drivers door.

Go test drive a newer 2014-17 Kia Soul with the larger 4 cyl engine. See what you think.
And they come in a multitude of cool colors. We rented It rides and drives beautifully city and highway driving.
2016-Kia-Soul-side-view-green-color.jpg

Just rented a 2017 Mitsubishi RVR 4wheel drive. It's a perfect fit for me, felt like I have driven it for years. Give one of those a try.
Mitsubishi-RVR.jpg

The Soul has a bit more room than the RVR, there's enough room in both to carry a few detectors with gear.

Then there's the Honda Element, too bad they don't make them anymore. used ones up here have up to 460,000km on them. they seem to keep running. Never drove one but, they would be ideal for me, just can't find a used one at a decent price with low mileage.
But, they did have some issues and for a 4 cyl. gas mileage isn't one of its strongest points

235722.jpg

Last edited:
We bought a brand new Kia Soul Plus in 2015 and have been very pleased with it.

I recommend getting it with the larger 2.0 engine so you have zip when needed to merge onto expressways. We also got it with an automatic transmission.

We also like how the back seats fold down to make extra cargo room when needed.

We got the "Latte Brown" color and know of at least 2 (might be 3) people in our small town that said they bought one after seeing ours, so maybe Kia should give us a commission :lol:

2015 Kia Soul Plus.jpg

Kia4.jpgKia2.jpg

kia soul cargo area 3c.jpg

As mentioned, you might just want to check out the Honda Element for a very dependable, versitile, utility type vehicle. I've hauled a full set of sliding glass doors easily inside of one we previously owned. It is comfy, roomy and has quite a few tricks like the rear seats folding up towards the roof instead of into the floor. It could use more power though, so look into the V-tech version. And the outside is fully customizable to get rid of the plastic looking fenders. Ours was full gloss black and looked "normal" after installing aftermarket front grill and fenders to get rid of the plastic look.

Last edited:
Alot of older lead sled type cars were more dangerous than alot of todays compact cars. I have a 2017 VW Up (not sold in the US), small four door economy car, 5 star rating beats some suv's in a crash...

I agree, i would not trust that if it only came from VW, these tests performed by Latin Ncap, an independent testing facility. They test all current car brands sold, you could say south of the US. Some of their videos are impressive to say the least...
http://www.latinncap.com/en/home

After driving that Mitsu RVR for two days, runs great, you sit higher up so you can see the traffic ahead and plan for anything that will happen. Great gas mileage. Comfy seating. Handles excellent. Didn't like the cooling, heating air conditioning controls a, real pain. The arm rest on the drivers side is hard and the one between the seats is too far back to be useful as an armrest.
And its terrible in cross wind conditions, every second you compensating with the steering wheel to keep it straight on track.
Good as a rental, would never buy one.
We still found the Kia Soul after renting one for 3 days, driving street, back road and highway to be one of the most comfy to ride in and still considering buying one.

Back
Top Bottom