Found A Beautiful Treasure In The River That Gives Up Gold!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

I was wondering down the North Saskatchewan River near Edmonton, when I eyeballed something amongst the gravel that didn't quite blend in with the rocks. I scooped it out with my shovel, and like "WOW".....looks like an old brass Hindu Godess. Don't find these too often.

She must have brought me a lot of luck, as I had a phenomenal day for gold as shown below.

Attachments

• sept9a small.jpg
    sept9a small.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 748
WOW John I'm a big believer in signs from above and I think brother Budda was a sign that you are about to have a great day and then some. I wood carry Budda everywhere I went from now on, especially when gold hunting! WOW!!

I was wondering down the North Saskatchewan River near Edmonton, when I eyeballed something amongst the gravel that didn't quite blend in with the rocks. I scooped it out with my shovel, and like "WOW".....looks like an old brass Hindu Godess. Don't find these too often.

She must have brought me a lot of luck, as I had a phenomenal day for gold as shown below.

This is just tooo cooool John, I'm sorry for posting again about this fantastic find but it brought back a memory from my childhood, anybody out there remember "Gilligans Island", there was an episode where the skipper found a hawaiian statue that was buried in the sand and it was supposed to be cursed and he kept trying to get rid of it and it would keep showing back up on its own. Probably nobody because I'm so old my memories are in black and white. It was a good episode!! I'll shut up now!

This is just tooo cooool John, I'm sorry for posting again about this fantastic find but it brought back a memory from my childhood, anybody out there remember "Gilligans Island", there was an episode where the skipper found a hawaiian statue that was buried in the sand and it was supposed to be cursed and he kept trying to get rid of it and it would keep showing back up on its own. Probably nobody because I'm so old my memories are in black and white. It was a good episode!! I'll shut up now!

Last post about this John, I swear, now yours is the exact opposite of the one on Gilligans Island, it is a good luck Hindu Goddess!!! So you know if it happened on Gilligans Island it has to be true!!

I weighed the gold. I got half a gram. Works out to 31.19 USD, or $8.00/HR or 2 large pizzas with the works. :lol: :eat2:

That ain't bad. I've done prospecting and it takes me nearly all day to get to a half-gram. Not nearly as good pay dirt as what you're working!

Skippy

Funny you mention that. I do remember that episode. I used to watch that show after school. We must be similar in age.

Back
Top Bottom