• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Unique Silver Trifecta. Cool Token.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I drove by a gentleman using equipment to tear out his front lawn. I stopped and struck up a conversation that resulted in me having permission to hunt it. The first signal was a '42 Mercury dime. I went over and showed it to him. He was amazed and very interested. I preceeded to dig a nice '38 buffalo and a 1901 Indian head penny along with a Chinese cash coin. I had such a good time and he was genuinely interested, loving the old coins. I left them all with him. I kept this cool trade token and a few wheat pennies.

I tumbled the token overnight in some water and aquarium gravel. It was barely recognizable before. I like how it came out. I can't seem to find any information on it.

I then searched a church that looked like it was built in the 1950s. It was full of signals. I managed a nice amount of clad and 3 silver rings. Anyone else complete a CTR silver ring trifecta??? :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20200911_125728_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_125728_copy_600x800.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 20200911_125732_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_125732_copy_600x800.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 20200911_125744_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_125744_copy_600x800.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 20200911_132443_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_132443_copy_600x800.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 20200911_132453_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_132453_copy_600x800.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 302
  • 20200911_145850_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_145850_copy_600x800.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 20200911_145418_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_145418_copy_600x800.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 20200911_145410_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_145410_copy_600x800.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 20200911_145253_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200911_145253_copy_600x800.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 308
I just found out about the token. Its for a slot machine made in 1907. Cool!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200911-153403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200911-153403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 324
Stiffwrists, You find some cool tokens. But a CTR trifecta? Come on man, that's a stretch. Still, it's silver. Way to go.
I know about the churches you hunt, but since i'm not a member, and all of them are posted 'Private Property-No Trespassing', I don't hunt them. I even had the Scientologists want to kick me off "their" curbstrip, and I was finding wheaties. What a strange world.
Hey, there's gonna be a lot of small sidewalk tearouts to hunt after the windstorm. Should be some good finds. I just got kicked out of a park today for detecting a rootball on a fallen tree. Oh well... New spots to detect something old are getting thin.

Stiffwrists, You find some cool tokens. But a CTR trifecta? Come on man, that's a stretch. Still, it's silver. Way to go.
I know about the churches you hunt, but since i'm not a member, and all of them are posted 'Private Property-No Trespassing', I don't hunt them. I even had the Scientologists want to kick me off "their" curbstrip, and I was finding wheaties. What a strange world.
Hey, there's gonna be a lot of small sidewalk tearouts to hunt after the windstorm. Should be some good finds. I just got kicked out of a park today for detecting a rootball on a fallen tree. Oh well... New spots to detect something old are getting thin.

Good to hear from you!

Nah, all Mormon churches have a plaque saying "Visitiors Welcome".

The only ones I've seen with No Trespassing signs are the fenced ballparks adjacent to some meeting houses. (Mostly to keep late night riffraff and vandalism out.) I've never even had one person approach me at a Mormon church. Ive detected 50+ of them. I can understand some apprehension not being a member and detecting them, but if you have any near you you'd like to detect... I'd go for it.

Now... the Scientologists... I can't speak for them. :lol:

I went and searched all the fallen trees at the capital building with no luck. Rose Park area is a mess. Hardly a place to drive a car and all the curbstrips are littered with branches. Im keeping an eye out for old disturbed dirt though.

Keep up the hunt!

Congrats on the the sterling SW. Three rings in one hunt not too common for a dirt digger. And the token is very cool. And good on you for giving the coins to the owner, I get stingy and find it hard to give up my finds. Good karma coming your way for sure. Good luck, Mark

Great finds and photos. Cool that you left finds with the homeowner, not many would do that.

Thanks! For some reason, I've been more generous with my permission find gifts the last few months, but only to those who seem genuinely interested. I've heard other hunters that its more about the hunt than the finds. I'm starting to convert. I really did want the token. I'm glad he didn't show any interest in it. Worked out great this time.

Congrats on the the sterling SW. Three rings in one hunt not too common for a dirt digger. And the token is very cool. And good on you for giving the coins to the owner, I get stingy and find it hard to give up my finds. Good karma coming your way for sure. Good luck, Mark

Thanks! Multiple rings is always a welcomed outcome. I just wish I could get ovet the gold ones like Skippy. These churches have been good to me.

Very nice Stiffwrists, generous to give up some goodies to that gentleman, and cool that you found 3 Sterling Rings on one hunt! I think I've gotten a couple a few times, but still need to get that Trifecta!

I drove by a gentleman using equipment to tear out his front lawn. I stopped and struck up a conversation that resulted in me having permission to hunt it. The first signal was a '42 Mercury dime. I went over and showed it to him. He was amazed and very interested. I preceeded to dig a nice '38 buffalo and a 1901 Indian head penny along with a Chinese cash coin. I had such a good time and he was genuinely interested, loving the old coins. I left them all with him. I kept this cool trade token and a few wheat pennies.

I tumbled the token overnight in some water and aquarium gravel. It was barely recognizable before. I like how it came out. I can't seem to find any information on it.

I then searched a church that looked like it was built in the 1950s. It was full of signals. I managed a nice amount of clad and 3 silver rings. Anyone else complete a CTR silver ring trifecta??? :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Oooh, I actually have had about a half-dozen CTR doubles, but never a trifecta! that's freaking awesome. LOL

I'll go hit a stake center ball field, and see what i can pull out. :)

Not tonight though, a bunch of couples and my wife and I rented out a theater (social distancing, no more than 10 couples! LOL) and we're going to watch Tenet. Should be fun!

Congrats on the trifecta. :)

I definitely wouldn’t have guessed that trifecta! Very unique! Fantastic token as well. I’m with you, I would gladly have given the owner all of the finds from the yard hunt in exchange to keep that token - generating good karma, and still keeping what I think is the coolest find of the hunt...that’s a win-win :cool3: Turned our real nice after tumbling, btw :yes:

Oooh, I actually have had about a half-dozen CTR doubles, but never a trifecta! that's freaking awesome. LOL

I'll go hit a stake center ball field, and see what i can pull out. :)

Not tonight though, a bunch of couples and my wife and I rented out a theater (social distancing, no more than 10 couples! LOL) and we're going to watch Tenet. Should be fun!

Congrats on the trifecta. :)

Thanks! Hope the movie was good. I haven't been in a theater for ages.

I definitely wouldn’t have guessed that trifecta! Very unique! Fantastic token as well. I’m with you, I would gladly have given the owner all of the finds from the yard hunt in exchange to keep that token - generating good karma, and still keeping what I think is the coolest find of the hunt...that’s a win-win :cool3: Turned our real nice after tumbling, btw :yes:

Thanks AT. I love the token too. A overnight tumbling really did wonders for it.

Back
Top Bottom