Finds: Last few weeks, England.

Doug

Elite Member
Local fields going 'off limits' very quickly now with them going back under seed.

With the good weather it was time to get out there while I could.

My thanks to a UK forum member to confirm the ID'd on the silver coins.

Thanks for looking......Doug.

One of the fields ready to be re-seeded..
SK4zBzx.jpg

Old orchard field.
RiAlQ0z.jpg

Old penny.
UsbGbor.jpg

Edward 1st silver coin.
Q1ukKcI.jpg

Edward 1st silver coin.
8fQczY2.jpg

Old penny.
15w5bde.jpg

Old coins.
SQ4C7hv.jpg

Middle bottom, child's spur rowel. Top right, boot/shoe/clog clasp.
iLBLrYM.jpg

Lead items.
tsw5vUz.jpg

Edward 1st London issue penny. (AD1272-1307)
I6jLZZw.jpg

Edward 1st Waterford Irish issue penny. (AD1272-1307)
2qiDZxe.jpg

Cast lead plug to repair a hole in a vessel wall. Date uncertain.
KPkJkaD.jpg

The 3rd and 4th pictures of the "reveal" are priceless. Those are the "come to papa" moments :digginahole:

More good stuff Doug!

I assume you have been hitting many of these same fields for years, yet they still keep providing!

Some very nice, quality finds. Thanks for posting pics. Good luck!

Thank you.

Great finds. Would love to go hunt over there sometime.

Thank you, we are quite near a national lockdown again!

The 3rd and 4th pictures of the "reveal" are priceless. Those are the "come to papa" moments :digginahole:

Thank you.

Awesomeness as usual; you lucky dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

More good stuff Doug!

I assume you have been hitting many of these same fields for years, yet they still keep providing!

Thank you.

I have the privilege to be able to search a lot of local land for the last 4+ decades.

On average the fields get ploughed every 6 years (crop rotation) which should more finds within the range of the coil.

Great finds and I love the pictures .Fresh air , clear sky's and being outdoors , I've almost forgotten what that's like .Congrats on your great success .

EVERY time. I just drool.

Amazing stuff. How do you get permissions?? Do you cold call, or do you know the landowners?

Also, as the recent uptick in interest in metal detecting changed how people perceive you?

Skippy

EVERY time. I just drool.

Amazing stuff. How do you get permissions?? Do you cold call, or do you know the landowners?

Also, as the recent uptick in interest in metal detecting changed how people perceive you?

Skippy

Thank you.

I am surrounded by the farming community so getting permission 4+ decades ago when the hobby was in its infancy was reasonably easy.

The farming community is a tight knit one, one 'yes' led onto another farm and so on.

The one thing I have learnt in regards to permission being given is trust on both sides.

Yes there have been surges in the hobby over the years, large hoards being found, various TV programs being aired.

The bottom line for me is the landowner is more than happy to have just one person on his/her land who he knows, trusts and is contactable.

I have now 2 farms where there is a 3rd generation now working on the farm.

Thank you.

I am surrounded by the farming community so getting permission 4+ decades ago when the hobby was in its infancy was reasonably easy.

The farming community is a tight knit one, one 'yes' led onto another farm and so on.

The one thing I have learnt in regards to permission being given is trust on both sides.

Yes there have been surges in the hobby over the years, large hoards being found, various TV programs being aired.

The bottom line for me is the landowner is more than happy to have just one person on his/her land who he knows, trusts and is contactable.

I have now 2 farms where there is a 3rd generation now working on the farm.

You got it so very right Doug!!

Back
Top Bottom