• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 Buffs, $30.72 In Clad & Misc Items

arw40

Forum Supporter
Another good weekend of goodies. The kids have baseball tryouts on my normal day ( Sunday ) of hunting. This post is for two hunts, one Friday evening and one this evening ( Sat ). I went Friday to an old school that I learned of from a coworker. I took the Nox 600 for the Friday hunt and had a blast. I did nothing but work the original tiny ball field area. I took in $11.23 in clad, a few tokens, junk ring and managed to pull 2 buffalo nickels. They are both pretty rough but I can make out 36 on the one. I also pulled a Kennedy half and two modern dollar coins for a 3 hour hunt. I know there has to be some deep silver in there. Interestingly all the clad was from the late 60s to 70s with the exception of the two dollar coins.

Today I took the At Pro and went to one of my larger schools for a 5 hour hunt from mid afternoon til almost dark. I took in a healthy clad count of $19.49 and a matchbox car from again a very small area by a soccer field/ practice football area. Almost all this clad was deep 6" however it had rained in the morning and digging was a breeze today. There is so much more area to cover at this one school I probably wont have time to get back before school starts. I have several other schools that I want to hit before school starts again. No jewelry but hey I`ll keep taking these large clad hauls. I`ve pretty much been averaging between $25-$35 a weekend. My hands kept cramping on me last night at home from all the digging.

First few pics are from the Friday hunt and the last couple from today. Hope all are having a great weekend ! HH......:grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0591.jpg
    DSCN0591.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0593.jpg
    DSCN0593.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0592.jpg
    DSCN0592.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0589.jpg
    DSCN0589.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0590.jpg
    DSCN0590.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 105
Another very big weekend count. I see you decided to dig a little history also Andy with the Buffalo's. Congrats on the big Clad counts and hope they stay for a long while. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom