• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver #9 fty is another Stander! Plus my very first V Nickle!

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
These are finds from my last 3 hunts, I have been having lots of fun this month digging some pretty special (to me) old coins.
I knocked three coins off the ole bucket list with a SLQ, a Half Reale, and now a V Nickel and also doubled up on the Stander.
This one was more unexpected than the first and is in way better shape, the second I had it in my hand I could see the date 1927.
I was also able to round up a toasted Large Cent, a Buffalo Nickel, and a piece of a sterling spoon.
I wish the spoon was whole, looks pretty fancy maybe a baby spoon Idk.
Thank you all for looking and HH!

I'm not sure why but some of my pics won't upload even after re sizing, I'll try again.

IMG_0570.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 398
You're killing it lately, I'm on a dry spell. Took Monday off, hit several places I researched. drove around a good deal, nothing to show for it lol. One place would have been killer I bet had I gotten there in 2016, they refurbished the whole park new sod, changes in elevation and a new fence and walking path around the facility. Unfortunately I had to drive a half hour each way to find that realization in 2017 it was redone. Didn't feel right digging here because it was 100% actively maintained mowed etc.

Great assortment of finds...congrats!
Thanks JAK!
Big silver and a nickel first...I would say a great hunt!
Thanks Digger!
Very nice finds Ron! That Stander looks good, and congrats on the several "firsts" you've been finding!
Thank you LTS! The month of Sept. sure has been good to me,I hope I can stretch my luck into October.
Congrats ,Ron you have a great assortment there!
I'm still waiting for a slq!
Thanks metal!
Nice stuff Ron.......Congrats
Thank you Ed!
You're killing it lately, I'm on a dry spell. Took Monday off, hit several places I researched. drove around a good deal, nothing to show for it lol. One place would have been killer I bet had I gotten there in 2016, they refurbished the whole park new sod, changes in elevation and a new fence and walking path around the facility. Unfortunately I had to drive a half hour each way to find that realization in 2017 it was redone. Didn't feel right digging here because it was 100% actively maintained mowed etc.
Thanks NS! I'd love to find a park like that while they're in the process of scraping up the turf, It's getting tough to find good spots to hunt.
Nice hunt congrats. Love the SLQ. Park hunt or old house.
Thanks jruckman! These were all found in a well hunted park, Iv'e taken to hunting the less obvious areas of the parks and have been able to pull a few nice coins the others must have missed, The SLQ was a nice clear loud quarter signal at 28 on the Nox, any coil over this coin would have found it.

Thanks JAK!

Thanks Digger!

Thank you LTS! The month of Sept. sure has been good to me,I hope I can stretch my luck into October.

Thanks metal!

Thank you Ed!

Thanks NS! I'd love to find a park like that while they're in the process of scraping up the turf, It's getting tough to find good spots to hunt.

Thanks jruckman! These were all found in a well hunted park, Iv'e taken to hunting the less obvious areas of the parks and have been able to pull a few nice coins the others must have missed, The SLQ was a nice clear loud quarter signal at 28 on the Nox, any coil over this coin would have found it.
Nice congrats I too like to think out side the box and hunt places I know the old timers missed and I do good too.

Back
Top Bottom