Help me find my birthday present!

rogueaviation

I'm looking for a 10 inch deep silver dollar buried on edge. It's in good shape, and has a note taped to it that says "Happy Birthday". It's been buried a week now in Sandy Michigan yard dirt.

What I've found to try next for the Deus so far after not being able to find it with the standard programs, the Calabash coin program, an MXT, and an Eq 800 is this:

28kHz
Reactivity 2.5 or 2
Sensitivity 93-94
Silencer on 0 or -1

I've tried so many things and have about a 300sf area left where the coin was hidden for me to find as a birthday gift. There's a 110 line running down the middle of the search are, and a buried 100 year old drainpipe that has some sort of ferrous coating on it as the detectors and pinpointers all say "metal".

Any ideas?

Ok....gotta ask...did another detectorist bury it that way for you as some sort of “challenge”? How do you know it’s buried “on edge”? I’m looking for a backstory here...
IF this is a true story...run with your coil tilted up a few degrees and run a 3 way grid...one way, 90 degrees to that and 45 degrees to that. Literally sending the signal into the ground at a slightly canted angle might help you to find it, or at least make it slightly more detectable should you hit either face of it.

I had a similar challenge. As idx said going at it from different angles and digging lower jumpy tones was the answer. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom