• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lesche questions. Right hand vs left hand.

Jinx18

I know one is serrated on the left and one on the right. Generally do you cut with the serrated side or blade side? What would a right handed person generally use? Thanks.

If you are right handed you will want a Lesche with the teeth on the left because as you cut roots you will be pulling toward yourself while cutting in a clockwise pattern.

If you are left handed you will want a Lesche with the teeth on the right because as you cut roots you will be pulling toward yourself while cutting in a counter-clockwise pattern.

Left and right are designated as you hold the shovel in your hand upright and pointed away from yourself.

Hope this helps.
Paul

I metal detect with the detector in my left hand and the lesche digger on the right side of my belt. I therefore dig with the right hand and the teeth are closest to my body as I go a clockwise direction. However, If you detect with your right hand you might consider a left lesche it all depends on how you dig.

If you are right handed you will want a Lesche with the teeth on the left because as you cut roots you will be pulling toward yourself while cutting in a clockwise pattern.

If you are left handed you will want a Lesche with the teeth on the right because as you cut roots you will be pulling toward yourself while cutting in a counter-clockwise pattern.

Left and right are designated as you hold the shovel in your hand upright and pointed away from yourself.

Hope this helps.
Paul

I believe they are sold the opposite way. For a right hander the serration is on the right. You use the smooth sharp side to cut through grass and the serrated side for tree roots.

I believe they are sold the opposite way. For a right hander the serration is on the right. You use the smooth sharp side to cut through grass and the serrated side for tree roots.

That's where my confusion is. Do you generally cut with the smooth or serrated side? They are advertised as if you would cut with the smooth side.

That's where my confusion is. Do you generally cut with the smooth or serrated side? They are advertised as if you would cut with the smooth side.

Smooth side for cutting a plug in the Sod. Serrate
d side to cut small tree roots.

im right handed

The serrated edge is on the right side of the blade

Attachments

• 20110613_1.JPG
    20110613_1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,221
Those are some heavy duty diggers. My problem with those are no one would ever let me hunt in their yard if they saw me carrying one of those.

I normally would not carry a shovel like that into a yard because of its appearance, truthfully though, if used correctly they make as neat (or neater) a plug than a smaller instrument.

I normally would not carry a shovel like that into a yard because of its appearance, truthfully though, if used correctly they make as neat (or neater) a plug than a smaller instrument.

Yep they are pretty slick. I've seen them in action but like you say its the appearance that turns people off.

Back
Top Bottom