If you live in VA raise your hand.

I moved from that State where they over tax, over control, over restrict. I was liberated last February and moved to Florida. I lived in VB for 45 years. The traffic is terrible every single day on the interstate especially the Hampton Tunnel. They restrict where you can fish, you can't use a frisbee or football on the beach. You can not buy a pizza at a beach window after 11pm. Come on. Even Jimmy Buffet said he would never play there again due to the cops raiding the tail gate guys outside the Amphitheater who were peaceful and nobody complained.

That beach and your state is not a person friendly state. Fishing bridges are closed, fun swim holes are fenced. You can not use a sled in the snow on the only hill in the city! Mount Trashmore has been off limits to boats in the lake and sledders for 30 years. Restrictions are what Virginia is all about, not Lovers.

Women can not wear a thong bikini on the beach. Cussing is against the law and there are signs warning you on every corner. They have a camera system to find criminals that cost millions but has NEVER caught one criminal. Ever. On every corner there are cops on horses, cops on bikes, cops on 4 wheelers, cops on boats, cops on helicopters and cops on foot AND cameras that have never caught one criminal. One thing is to feel safe but then another feeling is to be watched constantly. You can keep that damn state. Maybe every one moved away? Maybe that is why nobody is posting? I feel sorry for you guys. There is none of that stupid stuff here. Wonder why you pay so much in tax?

wee doggy !....after readin all this I sure is glad I lives in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia...........:laughing::laughing::yes:

permit

Va Mark you said applying for permit I have asked about the Potomac river no answer because state of md where I live controls it . Does anyone know the river hunting law from Brunswick md to Edwards Ferry landing below Whites Ferry MD.I have sent many emails to the state of Md and I guess everyone is on vacation no reply what so ever, i do know the park rangers said that if you are caught transporting your detector across the c&o out in the opening with the intent to scan the ground or banks you will be charged and likely loose your detector. I told them all I wanted to do is metal detect the river and they went on one of there sermons to make sure I understood what the law was. They went off topic as to what I wanted to know.I did say whats the difference with fishing where people can go out trash the banks nothing said but I go out dig a hole that may have treasure or trash and throw the trash away but im a criminal. His reply didn't you understand what I just said. Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!vanzutphen:?:

vanzutphen send me a pm. I do the rivers with a friend in the USMC who has a permit. I can help.

I also detect here and there a few times with Vamark. Great guy. Very knowledgeable

I live in Danville, very close to NC line. I would be okay with going close to Lynchburg and in between. Chatham, Greta, etc. also martinsville, surrounding areas. If anyone is close

I’m in Gladys about 30 mins from Lynchburg I have a few places I can dig but just getting into it trying to learn

It's been a while since I have been on the forum, haven't been digging as much as I used to and am trying to get back into detecting. Still using my AT Pro and picked up an Equinox 600 too. I am in Spotsylvania and willing to drive to meet up with folks.

Back
Top Bottom