1821 2-reale

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Got out today to a spot I found on an 1858 plat map. Just shows a black dot and "house". Other than that, the obligatory age indicators (lead, green copper, lantern junk, etc....). And a nuisance 1911 wheatie.

I know that coins post-dating 1800 bore the east coast guys. But for us here in CA, we have to take what we can get ! :laughing:

file.php

file.php

Excellent Reale, never found one, and think I only have a slightly better chance of finding one of those than a hammered Roman coin. LOL

There are definitely more cool finds there!

Great dig. When that coin was minted, Spain was trying hard to hang on to her colonies in the Americas! That same year Mexico gained independence from Spain and Simon Bolivar was fighting in South America. It's amazing to think of the world in which that coin was lost.

Boy! They talk about Americans being fatties but every Spanish coin I see has some big boned monarch on it! Ugliest Reale ever!!! [emoji23]

Deus Rules!!

Congrats on the beautiful Reale! Now that you got your pics, you can send it back east to whoever let you borrow it.:D

Fantastic Find Tom!! Best this eastern guy has found is a mere half reale, I stand humbled by your find!

Back
Top Bottom