New member, aeds151 and his first SILVER!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
The best thing about today was meeting a local detectorist and going on our first hunt together. aeds151 made contact with me here on the forum and started making plans. This morning we decided to meet at a historical site near my home and before you know it, we were there nearly 4 hours. It's one of my favorite sites, but I had pretty much picked it clean of silver and wheats. That being said, there's still some stuff there. Being a previous NOX owner, I gave him just a few pointers and let him have at it. We found some clad and relics, but no silver (when I was there). In the first picture, he has his NOX over a target that rang in the high 80's on my Delta. I left it alone and called him over to see if he could find his first silver. Unfortunately it turned out to be a memorial penny (second picture)....oh well, the signal sure looked good. We found some bullets, an early nail and some sort of a watch part, that rang high (third picture). The silver eyelets in the picture may be old silver, sure rang up that way. I added a pick of my clad (4th pic)....maybe aeds151 will post his clad count. We'll get back out soon, as we were just getting to where there is more clad and possibly some old silver and jewelry, but I had to leave. He was staying for a while. A lot more stuff across the highway (see next post!). At least we found some stuff, a good start to some future hunts together and just having a good time!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_Moment_Moment300.jpg
    FullSizeRender_Moment_Moment300.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 189
  • FullSizeRender_Moment100.jpg
    FullSizeRender_Moment100.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
OK, so I find a good MD buddy, take him to one of my honey holes and this happens...(joking). I had to leave but he was able to stay, which was fine with me. That being said he just texted me with his first Silver Wash!.....It doesn't bother me in the least! In fact, when I got what I thought was my first silver today, I called him over to search and dig it! Makes me as happy or more happy than he is about it! Let the addiction begin!!

Attachments

• 60358450255__18A47E28-09FD-4181-82D8-5651836E74A9.jpg
    60358450255__18A47E28-09FD-4181-82D8-5651836E74A9.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I started today at an 1940’s school that I had found a lot of clad at the last few weeks since I was getting beat up with all the number jumps on my new Nox at the trashy local parks. I was able to pull up a clad dime, nickel, and penny. After some back and forth on the forum PM. Medicchief and myself decided to meet up at one of his spots ( a place I have launched my kayak several times). I was excited as I knew I was about to learn a thing or two about history and the hobby. We pounded the hill side pretty good and found some neat stuff. We parted ways and I went home to charge the Nox and read the manual for the 100th time. I got bored sitting around so headed back but across the highway this time. I parked and hopped out on a wedge of grass that looked easier to cut a plug than the root invested area of earlier and started to grid. I got a 30-31 that I had to dig and out came the shiny silver 48 Quarter. It felt great but also felt a little bad that Medicchief was not there to see it although I know he doesn’t mind. Big thanks to him and I am looking forward to many more hunts with him to come.

822a377646773ecfb736af9f2a7d75fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started today at an 1940’s school that I had found a lot of clad at the last few weeks since I was getting beat up with all the number jumps on my new Nox at the trashy local parks. I was able to pull up a clad dime, nickel, and penny. After some back and forth on the forum PM. Medicchief and myself decided to meet up at one of his spots ( a place I have launched my kayak several times). I was excited as I knew I was about to learn a thing or two about history and the hobby. We pounded the hill side pretty good and found some neat stuff. We parted ways and I went home to charge the Nox and read the manual for the 100th time. I got bored sitting around so headed back but across the highway this time. I parked and hopped out on a wedge of grass that looked easier to cut a plug than the root invested area of earlier and started to grid. I got a 30-31 that I had to dig and out came the shiny silver 48 Quarter. It felt great but also felt a little bad that Medicchief was not there to see it although I know he doesn’t mind. Big thanks to him and I am looking forward to many more hunts with him to come.

822a377646773ecfb736af9f2a7d75fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen brother, the best is yet to come. The bullet still wedged in the piece of wood, or whatever it is, is cool! Better get ahead, the Ex SE is coming! We ought to have a great time side by side...:cool3:

Hunting together with a friend is new to me and I like it. For the past 6 months or so another old retired guy and me get out 4 or 5 times a week " with the permission of our wives" and we watch each others back, some areas this is a good thing. Like you we are glad to see the other guy get excited when he pulls a good one out of the ground. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom