OCC prize

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Earlier this year, I found an 1819 Large Cent.
This qualified as the oldest coin found in Wisconsin this year.
IDX Monster holds this contest every year.

Today I received my prize and it just blew me away!

12 old silver coins ranging from a seated half dime to my nemesis, Big Ben:shock:

Thank you so much Kevin for holding such a fantastic contest every year.
For me, this is what keeps me on my toes, looking for older coins.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=272431&highlight=occ+oldest

Attachments

• 12-14-19 OCC prize.jpg
    12-14-19 OCC prize.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 616
  • 12-14-19 OCC 2.jpg
    12-14-19 OCC 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 566
Wow, what a great group of coins! A nice incentive to find old stuff! Might have to mosey over to the Land of Cheeseheads next year and do some detecting with you guys...

big congratulations Matt and ya .. IDX doesn’t hafta do this every year.
Not many like him out there.

Not to stir the pot or anything but😎
I kinda see a pattern you know
4 dimes represented back to seated
4 quarters to seated

But only 3 halfs 🤔
I’ll bet Kev had a problem fitting that seated half into the envelope.
Prob sat there wondering what to do for a good hour lol

Hundred bucks says he couldn’t let go of her after he held it in his hand that long .😎
I don’t wanna make trouble or anything ..
We all have a little pirate 🏴!☠️ way down inside . Even someone as unselfish as Kev.
HH
,Dew

Yeah, Matt’s gonna have to barf that one on his own, that coin is the bane of my existence. For as much as I hunt where it SHOULD be....it’s not. I’ll find one, mark my words. And when I do, that sucker is going in the vault for good. I think of the things I’ve found so far, it’s crazy. Maybe next year I’ll cough it up.:digginahole:

Yeah, Matt’s gonna have to barf that one on his own, that coin is the bane of my existence. For as much as I hunt where it SHOULD be....it’s not. I’ll find one, mark my words. And when I do, that sucker is going in the vault for good. I think of the things I’ve found so far, it’s crazy. Maybe next year I’ll cough it up.:digginahole:

Wow.... you really did give up your dug coins 😳
Matt could have found a coin dropped by Louis and Clark wile discovering the Great Lakes that they received from an Indian chief that got the thing from the nights Templar on there way to Minnesota that they got from the Lord Jesus himself and I wouldn’t give up my hand dug trophy’s.
Sorry Matt Your prize woulda came from a pawn shop 😏
Crazy 😜

Thanks again Kevin, I did not realize these were your dug coins:shock:, that adds even more value to them (for me)
Luckily, I have found a seated half and it is one of my favorite finds of all time.
Yours is still out there, to be sure!

Very nice win, Matt! You beat out some oldies that I've never seen in a plug. You have a good nose for sniffing out the older coins. Can't wait to see what amazing digs you pull out next year! I'm a little concerned about Kevin, though. His generosity is bordering the parameters of sanity. I wonder if the voices in his head put him up to this...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom