$7,000 Engagement Ring Returned-Another Feel Good Story

Call me a bad person, but can't say I'd return it. Yeah he got the reward, but the ring was probably insured anyway. Woulda sold that puppy.

Thats it?! $750 bucks to return $7,000 ring? Obviously the ring didn't mean that much to her to give so little for a reward. She could have at least gave him 2K or more. I mean come on how thick can you be to use your mouth to hold a 7K ring in your mouth in the middle of a lake? She was asking to lose it. I agree...it probably was insured.

Sorry guys I would have to give it back and ask for no reward no matter how long it took for me to find it. If I am trying to find an engagement ring for a distressed fiance I am not doing it with any expectation of getting paid no matter how dumb she was about taking care of it. While it is the polite thing to do to offer the reward, I myself would not take any money because the fact that I could return something that she will hopefully have forever is reward enough. My finding the ring and giving it back it gives our often tarnished hobby a better name and who knows there might be a spot that they offer to let me hunt that would offer up great finds. That is just me and I would not begrudge someone who took the reward. :)

"Do good because doing good is good to do." - My Dad-1935-2003

Thats it?! $750 bucks to return $7,000 ring? Obviously the ring didn't mean that much to her to give so little for a reward. She could have at least gave him 2K or more. I mean come on how thick can you be to use your mouth to hold a 7K ring in your mouth in the middle of a lake? She was asking to lose it. I agree...it probably was insured.

Maybe she would have given more, but just simply could not afford it. As far as insurance goes, it may have been hard to collect due to the circumstances.

I would definitely give it back, and as far as the reward goes.........I would not ask for a reward, but if they insisted, I wouldn't turn it down. $750 would have been more than enough. Especially if I wasn't expecting anything.

Cool Story Felix!!

Back
Top Bottom