Weekly highlights: stegosaurus, IH, merc and more!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
My hunting was limited this week due to travel, and snowfall. I spent all the time hunting was spent at the 1895 home where I started my 4th grid. After taking much of the surface coins and junky stuff out, its starting to clean up well, but there are a few spots that are troublesome. I ordered a 6" coil for the 800, and it should be here sometime this week. Ill make another pass once I get it to see what else I can discover.

IMG_0024.jpg

Ive been digging mostly deep signals here, but most of these items were found within 4". The IH showed up as a 21 on the 800, but from past hunts, Ive had others ring up as zincolns too. I found the merc in a small animal pen in the backyard which may count for the discoloration. The stegosaurus pendant was about 1" deep (pewter?), and rang up in the nickle range. The whatisit looks like some kind of crushed cap, and was found 6 to 8". It also rang up in the nickle range. The flower I found in the gravel driveway about 2" deep, and rang up like a bronze penny.

IMG_0027.jpg

It wasnt until I enlarged the pic, that I saw the engraving on the IH. It appears to be HEWD? Theres also an H cut in the bonnet, and what looks like and HD close below and left. Someones initials? They look as old as the penny....some history for sure. Looks like they tried to drill a hole at the top.

IMG_0031.jpg

If anyone knows what this cap like thingy is (C&H?) please let me know.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Last edited:
Congrats on the IH and silver! The IH has good detail to it.

Thank you

The cap from a wine bottle would be my guess.

Its too small, and I think its made from lead. It was the 2nd one that I found here, and both were deep. I didnt catch any writing on the first one.

Very nice finds Tommy! That Indian is sharp!

Thanks Tom

Some very neat digs Tommy. Congrats on the Merc and the Indian. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, cant wait to give this place a go over with the 6" coil.

That stego is about the coolest thing I've ever seen posted on here. Neat find.

Thank you. It cleaned up well.

Back
Top Bottom