Civil War Isn't Done Yet

pa-searcher

Last week I dug 3 R and 1 I small cuff/collar eagle buttons,and today I invited CGW007 to join me at this really small park that once had a well known chalet on it that burned down around 10 years ago. Today I had a field day by digging 6 more eagle buttons 5 R and an I also of the small variety.He dug a couple as well so I was very happy he got a few pieces of history as well.I also dug the bigger buttons that I can't identify other than the back marks that place in the civil war era.Any help would be appreciated.They could be fire dept. related but can't get any info on that either.So yes,the civil war is still alive for now and I am almost speechless about them and very pround of what I have!.The first pic is the eagles from today and last week.The dark ones are last weeks that have been toothbrushed with only water. The second is the eagles plus the ...cross... big buttons and 1 small of the same style

Attachments

• 10-14-18  small.jpg
    10-14-18 small.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 410
  • 10-14-18  all.jpg
    10-14-18 all.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 379
Wow! That's a lot of historic buttons. Thank you for posting. I actually dug on of those Infantry buttons here in Salt Lake City. I still cant believe it. All those buttons are really spectacular!

Attachments

• 20181009_184552_resized.jpg
    20181009_184552_resized.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 277
Amazing!!! I’m very jealous!! I want to dig some CW sooo freaking bad!! I’d rather dig some CW history rather than a gold coin!

Wow, great hunt,....i fantasize about digging CW stuff. You young guys don't laugh

Back
Top Bottom