Ghetto Hunt = Goodies !

arw40

Forum Supporter
For people that read my posts on a regular basis you know I have a thing for ducking into some pretty unsafe ghetto parks. There was rain and low 50s this morning so I figured perfect morning to hit a ghetto park. I did my usual drive-by first to look for unfriendly characters hanging if there was any. Coast was clear so I grabbed my detector and off I went.

I actually dusted off the AT Pro for this hunt because this machine with the 5x8 coil IMO is the best for trashy ghetto parks.I was really lucky with the weather and it allowed me to get in a 5 hour hunt here. These parks I hit I normally dont like to hang for any length of time. At the end of the 5 hours I came out of there with $13.36 in clad a nice older sterling ring and also 8 other pieces of junk jewelry. I thought the earring with the stone might be good but after good look at home not to be.

A forum member ( DIGGER27 ) had some posts several years ago about really slowing down around basketball court areas and such with some really good info. I mention this each time I post about hunting ghetto parks because it was great info. I can tell that nobody has ventured into this particular park ever from the amount in the ground. I normally dont dig penny signals but here I was forced to dig 81 pennies due to needing to get them out from masking other tones. Not pictured either is the pile of junk I dug. In order to get to the good stuff ( gold ) I think its gonna take another 2-3 long hunts to get the junk and hundreds of pennies out of the ground. I was pretty much almost digging everything because of tones over tones. The smaller ring came in a solid 60 and an inch away a piece of slaw also came in the same 60 signal. IF I wasnt digging everything I probably would have missed that smaller ring after digging so much slaw. I am very sure that there is gold targets in here to be found. The big sterling ring at first I thought was white gold as that came out looking pretty shiny. It was about 2" deep so that was probably a fresher drop although you can tell its older. Im trying to figure out what the stone might be. I originally thought maybe a dark malachite ?? Anybody got a guess ?? Im looking forward to getting back to this park BUT it is gonna have to be a crappy day like today or else Im out of luck...Oh well time for a shower and a tall Gin & 7 or two.. Hope all are having a great weekend..HH ! :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0599.jpg
    DSCN0599.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN0602.jpg
    DSCN0602.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN0603.jpg
    DSCN0603.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN0600.jpg
    DSCN0600.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN0601.jpg
    DSCN0601.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 254
Tigers eye maybe

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

nice day for sure....and NY does not have a conceal carry law...that can be fun in those places, cause the bad guys dont care about legal carry lol.

Tigers eye maybe

Sorry I was thinking of jasper... tigers eye has gold color not green... I’ll ask my mom she’s into stones lol

Back
Top Bottom