Silver #49 FTY is a big bucketlister...and also a key date!

Waveoff

Elite Member
I went to an 1880 farm house permission I have looking for anything. My acquaintance who owns the place told me someone has been regularly detecting her farm for about a year now. It was discouraging to think that someone may have gotten all of the good stuff. But as we all know, no place is ever hunted out! I threw on the 8x6 SEF running the German Etrac in 4 tone conductive and went to work around the square nail infested house. The mosquitoes were thick and I was getting welts all over my face, neck and arms.:( The first coin I found was a '44 wheat. I was working my way around the house to pack it up and leave. I got a solid high tone 12-47 sweeping one way but a clipped sounding 24-47 the other way. I turned 90 degrees and got nothing but nulling. I thought to myself it was just another clutch of rusting square nails. I figured I should dig it anyway because of the solid tone I got sweeping one way. I flipped the plug and saw a bigger silver rim sticking out about 6" down! I was thinking GW or maybe Barber quarter. Much to my surprise it was a Barber HALF!:shock: I saw the mint mark first and got super excited. Then I saw the date and wasn't sure if it was a decent year or not. I didn't have good cellphone coverage where I was at so I couldn't look it up. I did my happy dance and threw my stuff in the car after carefully sweeping the immediate area looking for any of her friends. I was itchy all over but it was totally worth it! Once I got into cell phone coverage I looked up the info on a 1904-S. Only 553,038 minted! In this condition it's not a crazy valuable coin but it's priceless to me.:D

EnonCuy.jpg

luiBeZg.jpg

1RjDuEO.jpg

e00v5o3.jpg

zvaupj5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the awesome pictures. That silver rim picture is just as good as it gets. I'm quite jealous of this one. I want a Barber half! :impatient:

Nice job! That German Etrac is treating you well! lol

Thank you! It sure is. I'm hesitant to get it changed back to English this coming Friday.:lol:

Congrats on your barber half!! It’s still on my bucket list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Thanks for the awesome pictures. That silver rim picture is just as good as it gets. I'm quite jealous of this one. I want a Barber half! :impatient:

Thanks! I never thought I'd find one...and then boom!

Congrats on the Barber half and getting a bucketlister from you list. Hope you go back and find a lot more missed by you competitor. Trapper

Any chance you can hook me up with this new German Mod?
Obviously the new hot set up and will render our English versions Obsolete 😳.
I am willing to go back to my German roots and learn the language if I can start pulling more finds like that 😎 Obviously a hot set up.

,Dew

Congrats on the Barber. It is always a good day when you pull one of those.

As a photo note, you might want to consider cropping the image before posting. When the image is 95% your hand, and 5% coin, there is a lot of wasted space. It is easy to do and will of course produce smaller image files.

Huge congratulations on that bucket lister!

Thank you!

Congrats man, hitting a rare date bucket lister is a big deal!

Thanks! I never thought I would ever find a key date coin!

Congrats on the Barber half and getting a bucketlister from you list. Hope you go back and find a lot more missed by you competitor. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I intend to get back there once the mosquitoes go away for the year.

Very Great find, pics and write up! We love to hear the Hunt details!:clapping:

Thanks Mr. Mud!

Any chance you can hook me up with this new German Mod?
Obviously the new hot set up and will render our English versions Obsolete 😳.
I am willing to go back to my German roots and learn the language if I can start pulling more finds like that 😎 Obviously a hot set up.

,Dew

Just send your machine to the PA Minelab service center and they'll fix ya up!:lol:

Wow!!!!!!

Great find WO! Congrats on the rare bucketlister.

Thank you!

Nice half,that 6x8 is just a great unmasker.. congrats on the nice keydate coin!

Thanks! You weren't kidding about this setup being a beast when you sold it to me!

That is a beauty and great pics to go with it too....congrats!

Thank you!

Congrats on the barber half and bucklister.

Thanks!

Congrats on the bucket lister!!!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom