happy young lady

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Here's the update on the found  wedding band and chain.  The attachment is a  pic pf Jamie from southern N.H. wearing  the chain that holds  her boyfriends father's wedding band.  Her BF is an on duty marine.
She  did'nt know  what she would tell him when he got  home  about  the ring.  Now  she won't have too.....shhh  don't say  a word........ :D....Gil

Attachments

• Jaime G with precious ring-necklace.jpg
    Jaime G with precious ring-necklace.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 591
A personal, heartfelt thank you from Jaime's mom.  You've no idea how grateful we are to you for finding this and giving it back to her that horrible night.  In all of Jaime's life, she has never felt as terrible as losing Brandon's ring.  Her safekeeping of it was a symbol of HIS SAFETY and HIS RETURN HOME.  As you can imagine, the emotions surrounding its loss were far beyond just losing a precious family heirloom he'd given her as a promise that upon his return they'd begin their life as husband and wife.  Telling him she lost it would be bad enough but worse, she feared that a terrible thing was soon to befall him due to its loss and therefore expanded it to inconsolable proportions.  She'd have never made it through the following weeks waiting for him to return with that fear.  Attached should be a pix of them the day before he left.

He is scheduled to return July 7. 

Attachments

• brandon-jaime.jpg
    brandon-jaime.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 538
Now thats what I'm talkin about! Awesome story, with an even more awesome ending. Well done Gil. Like Epi said, my prayers, and heartfelt thanks goes out to Brandon for the service he has given.

I think we should create another category to be used as an "Honor Roll" for those who have not only done the hobby proud, but the act as well. I think things like this should be there for all to see, and as a reminder that there are better experiences to be had besides what we find. Gil, I take my "white hat" off to ya !!!!!!

Thanks  guys, and gals. Finding that ring and giving it to the young lady, made my detecting  day,  month, and year.  It was in fact  the first item other  then coins  I found with  the new DFX.  I am still tinkering with it
and hope to find a  few  keepers. It is up for now being summer, (hot, hot, hot)  here in Florida.  The  Beach Hunter  is  getting  a workout  now.
Been real lucky  at  the fresh water  beaches  here in Central  Florida.
lately.  I will be  doing  the  water  thing  till November,  and if  the water table stays low, right through December.  The air gets  cool  in  mid winter, but the water temp stays bearable.   H.H.   Gil

That's a great story. Did he make it home ok? It kind of makes me think now, because my wife is doing the same thing with my ring while I'm here. I have to work with electronics everyday and would have to take off my ring everyday before I started work on anything. Most of the time it's too tight to get off of my finger so I just took it off and gave it to my wife to wear around her neck while I'm gone. I haven't asked her about it lately. Now I'm gonna have to check up on it when I talk to her again, lol.

Back
Top Bottom