Netted an ounce!

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
Hey Friends,
I haven’t posted in a while because I have been skunked for several weeks and that just doesn’t make for fun posts. Having said that, it’s time to post again. This week I found three 90% ers. I started with a 1964 Kennedy in the third roll. The next 45 rolls were totally uneventful, until roll #48. That contained two fine looking edges and as the pics show they were 90% proofs. Happy hunting all!

Attachments

• 0083A7A9-A0FC-4E98-8D87-6C4E0DC6246E.jpg
    0083A7A9-A0FC-4E98-8D87-6C4E0DC6246E.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 274
  • B965AA8E-DF3E-4638-89B2-6CBB77F8473F.jpg
    B965AA8E-DF3E-4638-89B2-6CBB77F8473F.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 225
Nice! Those modern 90% silver proof Kennedys are very difficult to find. In the $50k or so of halves I’ve searched, never have found one.

Are those silver proofs or are they just gold plated? I got a 1972 I thought was a silver proof was just plated gold.

Are those silver proofs or are they just gold plated? I got a 1972 I thought was a silver proof was just plated gold.

Gold plated halves are also gold on the edges from the plating. Those are real silver proofs. I had one in a recent hunt that was super white on the edge...so much so that I saw it when it dropped from the ripped roll. In all the coins that KT has searched He has only recovered a couple of these and they are obvious, with no gold tint at all!

Nice! Those modern 90% silver proof Kennedys are very difficult to find. In the $50k or so of halves I’ve searched, never have found one.

Thanks Amc Rulz! They are definitely a neat find. I have searched approx. half the volume that you mention and have been fortunate enough to net three of that type. I'm sure it was a family dump of grandpas coins or something to that effect.

Gold plated halves are also gold on the edges from the plating. Those are real silver proofs. I had one in a recent hunt that was super white on the edge...so much so that I saw it when it dropped from the ripped roll. In all the coins that KT has searched He has only recovered a couple of these and they are obvious, with no gold tint at all!

Yes KT, they are elusive, but very nice and shiny when they show up... a welcome addition to the collection!
HH!

Great finds! I especially like the looks of proofs, and silver ones are even better. Congrats on another sweet hunt! :clapping:

Back
Top Bottom