You know it will happen.....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
on a nice roll, cruising through the month getting some silver in every CRH, then BAMMM! NO silver! :lol::lol:

Well that was this week. But KT did not get skunked as He recovered a few coins worth reporting.....

2 1987D Kens...nice looking ones too!
1 Bicentennial Proof Ken...clad not silver.
2 mint errors: a weak obverse side strike, perhaps grease filled die? The other is a 1971 off center strike....note the double appearing crescent edge at the bottom of the coin.
Finally, and KT's favorite this week: a 1930 King George V British large penny, pics of both the obverse and reverse. KT likes Royalty on coins and especially the latin abbreviations on the obverse on this coin, like the ancient Roman coinage, but totally readable! HA HA This coin is the same size as a half dollar so it got dumped and rolled by someone! Whoever that was, thanks!:D:D

Enjoy the pics and hopefully October will start off with some silver in the Royal Realm!

Attachments

• CRH 09 27 2018 1 87 Kens.jpg
    CRH 09 27 2018 1 87 Kens.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 168
  • CRH 09 27 2018 1 Bicent Proof Ken.JPG
    CRH 09 27 2018 1 Bicent Proof Ken.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 147
  • CRH 09 27 2018 1 weak strike error, 1 off center strike Ken.jpg
    CRH 09 27 2018 1 weak strike error, 1 off center strike Ken.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 160
  • CRH 09 27 2018 K Geo V obv 1930.JPG
    CRH 09 27 2018 K Geo V obv 1930.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 139
  • CRH 09 27 2018 K Geo V rev 1930.JPG
    CRH 09 27 2018 K Geo V rev 1930.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 146
Congrats on your finds! :hi5: I really like that Brittish large penny. I have one of those that is a 1919, but didn't find it CRHing. :D

Last edited:
Congrats on your finds! :hi5: I really like that Brittish large penny. I have one of those that is a 1919, but didn't find it CRHing. :D

KT likes em also! KT now has a Queen Victoria, a George IV, a George V, and a Queen Elizabeth! Nice little selection of em hoarded away! :lol::lol:

Glad you found some keepers. Is there much value in the proofs you find?

No much, although a local coin auctioneer told KT awhile back that if His Majesty could put together $10 mixed rolls, he thought he could get a minimum of $20 a roll in his local coin club auction...perhaps a bit more. KT continues to horde them. Some collectors might want to fill some holes in their proof collection, until they could upgrade to true unc grades. In that case, KT might get a bit better than $1 each.

Your majesty, it appeareth that thy penny is much superior to mine; thus thy kind words are all the more appreciated. The princess extendeth her royal congratulations to his excellency! How grateful I am that heaven above hath granted that each of our hunts be blessed. :grin:

Your majesty, it appeareth that thy penny is much superior to mine; thus thy kind words are all the more appreciated. The princess extendeth her royal congratulations to his excellency! How grateful I am that heaven above hath granted that each of our hunts be blessed. :grin:

Truly thou art a princess! You know the Royal Language well! :D:D

Back
Top Bottom