• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I Once Was Lost and Now I am Found

davidtn

(Rather than re-write my story here is how I posted it to my Facebook )

"Some of you may not be aware that one of my hobbies is metal detecting as I've done it on and off since I was a teenager and in fact built my very first one from a kit. I am a member of our neighborhood forum so when I saw a post that read "Metal Detector Needed" I was naturally curious. I made contact with the homeowner and turns out he'd lost his wedding band and was hopeful that I might be able to find it.

One of the cool things about this hobby is you get the chance to help people find things that have great meaning to them. The homeowner shared with me that he'd been married over 40 years and that he rarely took his ring off . It had become so tight that he had to have a jeweler enlarge it for him. That, combined with recent weight loss, contributed to the ring being lost in his yard as he was digging flower bulbs.
I went over today (33 degrees with rain/sleet/snow) determined to help find his ring. After about 30 minutes of searching I hit a good signal and found it. (it was jammed into the top layer of dirt) Needless to say he was quite pleased as was I!"

Very GREAT! Hey...I think I may have run into you at that park in Ardmore a few years back? You were swinging a New AtPro, and I was running my F70...It was an overcast day, early Spring I believe, wet out...

I drove down from Michigan and was on my way into Huntsville for business, and hunted Ardmore for a little to stretch my legs and get my head right......

We had a good talk...you were a new hunter entirely hooked and excited about the Sport...You told me about a detecting club you joined?...I was driving the Magnum...Was that you? If it wasnt you, maybe you know the guy...nice young fellow, Family Man, definitely hooked on the Sport...like I said, this is a few years back, and he had an AtPro...
Mud

Attachments

• mag 2.jpg
    mag 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 508
Hey there Mud. Don't believe that was me as I've never owned an AT Pro and I've been detecting on and off since the early 70's - I started very young ;-)

I do work pretty close to where you describe though so good guess on your part!

Very GREAT! Hey...I think I may have run into you at that park in Ardmore a few years back? You were swinging a New AtPro, and I was running my F70...It was an overcast day, early Spring I believe, wet out...

I drove down from Michigan and was on my way into Huntsville for business, and hunted Ardmore for a little to stretch my legs and get my head right......

We had a good talk...you were a new hunter entirely hooked and excited about the Sport...You told me about a detecting club you joined?...I was driving the Magnum...Was that you? If it wasnt you, maybe you know the guy...nice young fellow, Family Man, definitely hooked on the Sport...like I said, this is a few years back, and he had an AtPro...
Mud

Had to double check to make sure I was still on FMDF and Craiglists missed connections for a minute :laughing:

Had to double check to make sure I was still on FMDF and Craiglists missed connections for a minute :laughing:

yeah! That was one hell of a car! It had the HEMI! Great big fuel tank, split engine, 25mpg all day long! I could go from here to Ardmore in 11hrs easy, stopping once for gas in Kentucky ...I did indeed sell it on CL! It was just too much car for 'around town' kind of driving, it needed the open road and a long stretch...hatch was too damn heavy for the Wife, the front end suspension was a nightmare too...other than that, nice comfortable long tripper...Oh, so low it was a real B to change your own oil....helluva strong engine though...Wife said she once had it at 120 with no top end in sight...running late, on her way to Bingo, in a school zone...:laughing: I took really good care of that car and sold it to an appreciative CL buyer...Oh well..Now I'm rolling in a 2001 Chevy Prism..I really like it! You never have to change the oil in it at all! Just pour in a qt of Dollar Store 10wpoo every 250 miles or 8 gallons! Its like a little chainsaw! 32:1 mix ratio!:laughing:

Attachments

• sept 2914.jpg
    sept 2914.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom