Didn't need the detector for this silver.

Fooleeze

So for a little backstory, I have other hobbies other than just metal detecting. I run a store where I buy and sell used and new Lego pieces and sets. One of the ways I find Lego sets and pieces is through garage sales, rummage sales, Etc. My Dad recently found a bulk lot of used Lego pieces at a garage sale and he sorted them out for me and in one bag he had put all the pieces that did not look like Lego. They were random pieces from other toys and other sets and non Lego pieces. Today I went to sort those out to try to get ready to list them and sell them and when I went through the bag of odds and ends I come across this sitting in the bag. At first I thought nothing of it but then I turned it over and saw the back. Well that was unexpected. One of my best finds in my young career, and it wasn't even buried in the dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_211737.jpg
    IMG_20181015_211737.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,186
  • IMG_20181015_211744.jpg
    IMG_20181015_211744.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,152
Man...that Stone in the center sure is sparkly...wouldnt it be nice to learn that thing is something real??? Ok, I can't ask too much, I did pull this from a tub of old Lego bricks.

Sort of related rant.... when my 16 yr old son was much younger he was really into Legos. I discovered that you could not by a regular set of Legos that contained only the colored blocks like we built stuff with as kids. No, you could only buy the themed sets like Star Wars and Raiders of the lost ark. And those sets were pushing $100 each. Rant over.

All depends on where you're shopping. . . now they have the 'creative box' sets that offer just that. Common colored bricks, no real theme, much better pricing. But probably a little to late to the party on that one, eh?

Sort of related rant.... when my 16 yr old son was much younger he was really into Legos. I discovered that you could not by a regular set of Legos that contained only the colored blocks like we built stuff with as kids. No, you could only buy the themed sets like Star Wars and Raiders of the lost ark. And those sets were pushing $100 each. Rant over.

All depends on where you're shopping. . . now they have the 'creative box' sets that offer just that. Common colored bricks, no real theme, much better pricing. But probably a little to late to the party on that one, eh?

A store such as yours would have been helpful and probably saved me hundreds of dollars!! Last year we gave away all his legos to a young couple with 2 small children. It was 2 large plastic storage bins full of legos, all those sets mixed together. I felt like I was giving away part of my savings! But it still felt good to gift them to the children.

Awesome find for being mixed in!
Great business you have, legos are a big seller at the right price. I do a bit of reselling myself, but have only investigated legos until now.

I always thought it would be cool for a guy to whip up some forms to produce cement Legos out of one 60lb bag of ready mix concrete!

A guy would then have a super cool hobby and a goal! One 60lb bag of ready mix is @$3.25 at Lowes....If a guy built the mold right, one bag would do one Lego!

Then, a fellow just starts in, commits himself to the concept, and stops and grabs a bag of ready mix on his way home from work every night, only one bag per day mind you, basically less than a cup of Starbucks coffee! Then he dutifully goes home and diligently mixes and pours just one concrete Lego per day! Probably take a guy about a half hour per block if he diddles around at his leisure...

Okay, so extrapolate this out! In just a few years, a guy has enough concrete Legos to build one Hell of a fort! :laughing: A guy would also be in super shape! Hauling home a 60lb bag and mixing it up daily! Out in the backyard with nothing more than a wheelbarrow and a hoe? Plus, save big money on a gym membership!

In 10yrs, A guy could build himself a concrete Lego castle! A sack of cement is about half the price of a six pack of pissvasser! So a guys buys a sack of cement and a six pack of suds and makes this a daily $10 ritual! Goes out in the backyard and drinks his beer and makes his Lego! Forget wasting money on the Starbucks and Gym membership!!

Everybody knows Concrete and beer drinking go hand in hand! I like this idea! :laughing: A danged guy could build his very own life sized Alamo fort replica right out in the backyard! Out of concrete Legos!

Sure, its not as impressive as building the Great Pyramids of Giza, or even Edward Leedskalnin's famous Coral Castle, but hey...A guy has to know his limitations! Drinking a six pack of beer and mixing up one concrete block on the daily? Yeah! Concrete Legos I can do!

Last edited:

When my kids were younger, I went on Flea Bay to buy bulk Lego and Bionicles. Much cheaper than new and all the spare parts anyone would ever need. :D. Once received, I'd dump them into a tub with water and bleach. Now, we've got laundry tubs filled with the stuff and my kids are headed to college. :shock:

R5

Nice find. My estimate, melt value, not knowing the weight, ...$3.50! :D

R5

Back
Top Bottom