• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

For 100FTY I needed 3 coins...1879-O Morgan was one

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Adding to Big Trebles thread,just want to make sure that people realize that this kind of day can still be had. Hunt hard,hunt often,research and have a plan/method. It may look like some people find a lot of really good finds,and they do. They’re also the ones who hunt the most and have taken the effort to put the pieces together. You get out what you put in,just some inspiration for someone who might be thinking otherwise...
Contains profanity! Do not watch if you are sensitive to it. I warned you....https://youtu.be/xaufIZhfFVI

Attachments

• 2A1F3730-5F19-4930-8C3F-2EA32BF8B8D1.jpg
    2A1F3730-5F19-4930-8C3F-2EA32BF8B8D1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 415
  • 9EC1F0D4-E49E-434F-9B51-703F71089AF1.jpg
    9EC1F0D4-E49E-434F-9B51-703F71089AF1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 399
Kev you are a monster ! What a great vidio.
So happy for you and the guys and your great day.
Way to make it look easy brother .
That's just sick !
Sick sick sick !!!
,Dew

Congrats on all that silver! :woot: There is a lot of detail on the Morgan, too! :D

I'm picturing you like this little guy (except not at a beach): :detector:

Another very impressive video Kevin, almost as impressive as its content. Congrats on reaching the century plateau on Silver Coins and digging your Second Morgan Dollar. Your cohorts did very well also with the Barber's. Looking forward to our next shared outing. Trapper

Whoa! Holy faaaack! Congrats on reaching 100 silvers FTY and one of them being an old Morgan! I'd be cussing up a storm too.:lol:

Wow that must have blown your ears off! Fantastic find and New Orleans to boot!

Thanks Rebel! Volume Gain on the machine and limiters on the phones keep that from actually happening but yes,it certainly was a SOLID 12-43 on the machine! There’s a ton of squashed cans in that area so I was trying to weed out coins by the lift test. It was very obvious,I just got lucky. But I’m good with that...:lol:

Dang man that’s cool as hell! Nice job

Thanks a lot Tom. Next time in there I’m going to have the 6” coil by then again. Stupid move to sell it before but I wasn’t using it too much. My tune has changed on that...for this kind of hunting it’s priceless(or around 250 used:grin:)

:wow: incredible man!!!! Nice work!

I know,right?:lol: Just kidding,once I had a good idea it was NOT a can,it was just a matter of taking the candy from the baby. I’m glad I got to it before the other guys did,they wouldn’t have made the same mistake many people have likely made before by thinking it was another can! I lift test just about everything,just part of the routine...but it’s only part of the picture.
1)Signal duration
2)Pinpoint sizing
3)Lift test
This process really only works on targets that are alone or close to alone obviously,but it’s done me well!
Thanks a lot Jeff,I appreciate it.

Kev you are a monster ! What a great vidio.
So happy for you and the guys and your great day.
Way to make it look easy brother .
That's just sick !
Sick sick sick !!!
,Dew

Thanks Brad,has Bret seen it yet? Not that he needs any more “inspiration”! I can’t wait til he cranks something huge out of the ground. That in itself will make him a lifer for sure!
I’ll admit to having a great season going but as always,the hunt itself...being a predator...hunting that elusive coin...testing myself to see if I can do better or learn something...no coin can compete with that.
I’m booked next weekend but let’s set up one last hurrah after that,I’ll let the next guy pick the site this time:grin:

Congrats on all that silver! :woot: There is a lot of detail on the Morgan, too! :D

I'm picturing you like this little guy (except not at a beach): :detector:

Hey that little guy IS me!:lol: He’s the rest of us too,and there are ALOT! I didn’t realize how many people actually hunt but they’ve come out of the woodwork this season it seems.
The Morgan is as perfect a coin as you could DREAM about digging out of the ground,the coin gods have been smiling down on me lately. The thing is,even though a lot of the coins are signals that most would dig,it takes a lot of time to just cover ground. And...you have to cover the RIGHT ground! Sometimes you don’t know if it’s right or not,but choosing a site like we had puts the odds greatly in your favor. I’m obviously happy with the weekends outcome...:grin:

UNBELIEVABLE!
Way to go, super congratulations on that one:shock:

To dig TWO in two years is something I would’ve never thought about happening Matt,”unbelievable” is spot on! I was secretly hoping it was a Peace dollar but either way was OK...
Thanks for the props!:grin:

Another very impressive video Kevin, almost as impressive as its content. Congrats on reaching the century plateau on Silver Coins and digging your Second Morgan Dollar. Your cohorts did very well also with the Barber's. Looking forward to our next shared outing. Trapper

Thanks a lot Trap,it feels a little surreal still. Like...”Did that really happen??” To have everybody score GOOD coins again feels like the engine is really firing on all cylinders,proficiency is high along with the dedication it takes. For all those hours we hunt where NOTHING happens,it is eventually made right with a stellar find. That’s what it’s about right there.
In a couple weekends I’ll be over to check things out again...:grin:

Back
Top Bottom