First gold class ring!!!

kevecu69

Took time after early football games today to update the software on my Equinox. Went out for a short hunt at a local high school that dates back to the 1920s to test out new software. Third signal was a 13 with a 14 coming in at the edge of the target. Normally would have passed this up as a pull tab or eraser end. Decided to dig, since I was testing signals and glad I did. Found my first gold class ring. It has 3 initials and will attempt to locate the family of this 1933 female sized ring. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 1E5515C9-D9E9-4C20-B919-0D2503EEAD89.jpg
    1E5515C9-D9E9-4C20-B919-0D2503EEAD89.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 269
Congrats on the gold! And a bigger congrats on digging a 13/14 signal! I hardly ever dig a 13/14 signal because it's always a square tab. Just goes to show if you're looking for gold you have to dig it all. Just noticed you said it was a 13 signal with 14 coming in at the edge of the target...can you give a little more detail on that?

Ill bet that ring is a keeper, if they graduated in 1933. Unless you can track the family down, I would bet that whoever wore that ring has passed away by now. I could be wrong but its an excellent find! Still waiting for my first class ring. Congrats!

It is SOOOOO very frustrating to all of us to either dig all the trash or miss all of the sweet gold. Great old ring find. Really cool.

BCD

Congrats !!!! Very neat find, makes you wonder how often gold might be left undug sometimes. If you find a person to return it too they will likely be very surprised :shock: and it would be a really nice return !

Congrats on the gold! And a bigger congrats on digging a 13/14 signal! I hardly ever dig a 13/14 signal because it's always a square tab. Just goes to show if you're looking for gold you have to dig it all. Just noticed you said it was a 13 signal with 14 coming in at the edge of the target...can you give a little more detail on that?
NCToad, over the center of the target I was getting a solid 13, but when I would wiggle back to determine the edge of the target to dig, it would change to a solid 14. Usually a 13 with a 14 bouncing in, has always been a tab of some kind.

Last edited:
If the owner of that ring was 17 the year she graduated from high school she would now be 102. You might have better luck finding a descendant.

Nice old find. Both class rings I have found this year were made of junk metal.

What a beautiful Art Deco ring! Congratulations on that find! Just out of curiosity, what is the device holding the ring upright? I'm naturally kind of shaky and I have one he** of a time trying to hold a ring and my phone in separate hands (while both are vibrating) and read any maker's marks or hallmarks.

Back
Top Bottom