My answer to the Kruz and Nox.

Rawhide

Elite Member
After watching in frustration all the folks talking about this machine and posting crappy videos with results slanted this way or that. I decided to just go deeper. I dont have a lot of competition so I can take my time and a new coil has always opened up old ground for me.

I wanted to get coverage also. What I did not expect was the foil and small bits of iron that sound off are now eliminated with the new coil. Its not made for trashy parks but rather medium soil.

Till the detecting gods smile on me Im stuck with this Etrac. If your like me and cant get a Nox or Kruz, this may be a option for you.

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_115603.jpg
    IMG_20180502_115603.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 713
Etrac has what I need for my hunts.

Im glad the Nox has a easy menu and all. But I never did like presets. I like my own program for certain dirt. Even when the Etrac nulls I know there is a target. The two screen option was the deal breaker for me. Not just coins but relics too. I hope etrac holds up to the triple digit heat we have here in the summer.

I carry around frozen ice packs for my cell phones. I can see me rigging something up to keep the electronics cool. Considered some like colored reflective paint on the top of the coil like they use on roofs. Dont think aluminum heat sinks would work though lol.

AT Least

There are plenty more after market coils to buy , and use with the E-Trac, can't say nothing bad about the machine, being owning 2 , over the year's, good luck happy hunting guy's , Earl

My only regret is I dont get enough swing time with the Etrac.

The weight issue doesnt effect me even though Im partially disabled and have one good arm. Little quirks like the coils being a bear to thread through the shaft doesnt bother me either. Just hunts in the middle of the day when the sun is high and bright really ruins it for me when I can't see the screen. I am confident with the etrac, and thats the important thing for me. I do use a screen protector to help. Guess this is the year to use my etrac more.

Rawhide

I know what you mean, i have one good arm to, the right- i have a 4 inch tare right bicep, i don't let it bother me, because i swing with the left, i moved to the CTX3030, from two E-trac's, most recently also got a Equinox 800, and XP Deus, both are very light compared to both the E-trac and CTX3030, you might want to consider one of the two, just for a break from the E-trac for a lighter swing, all 3 machine's have a much faster response time than the E-trac, if ID is important however , the heavier waterproof to 10 foot CTX3030 is the ticket,with a color screen , and target trace,the only thing that you would miss with the E-trac is the after market coil selection can't be beat , a lot of option's, not so with the other's using smart coil's, happy hunting, Earl

I am confident with the etrac, and thats the important thing for me.
Congrats on the new coil! You will most certainly gain depth too!

I once hit the cheer section of a soccer field with the ATP and nabbed about 10 targets. I went back to the car, brought out the FBS with a 15" coil and wow, just WOW! There were so many targets, it was as if no one had ever hunted there before.

Awesome.

Color screen would be nice, but my hunts are so varied not sure target trace would help. Just seeing the screen would help. We have some pretty bad wind storms here, would have to tie a string to a light machine. Recovery speed is nice, but not much competition and I like to take it slow. After this UK coil I am looking at the Kruzer. I need to read up a little more, Im seeing a guy using both the Racer and Kruzer together and I really dont want to pack that many detectors in the heat of summer. I usually just grab one, check the battery's, grab the man purse collection bag, and go.

Last edited:
I have both the Kruzer as well as the Equinox 800 and also the E Trac. I can tell you hands down neither of those units will beat out the E Trac with a NEL Tornado coil.

I am counting on it Choppa dude.

I follow some social media celebs who say depth is gonna produce more older keepers. But this after market coil rocks.

Considering trade on my other two detectors for the Kruz and Nox.

I also like the deus, but not sure it would work for what I need.

I really get a kick pulling out that big coil lol.

Too much depth.

Congrats on the new coil! You will most certainly gain depth too!

I once hit the cheer section of a soccer field with the ATP and nabbed about 10 targets. I went back to the car, brought out the FBS with a 15" coil and wow, just WOW! There were so many targets, it was as if no one had ever hunted there before.

Took a lesche and needed a shovel lol.

Yes on the fench.

I have both the Kruzer as well as the Equinox 800 and also the E Trac. I can tell you hands down neither of those units will beat out the E Trac with a NEL Tornado coil.

Nox sounds like it can replace the F75 and AT Pro. Someone may get a heck of deal if I decide to let them go.

I carry around frozen ice packs for my cell phones. I can see me rigging something up to keep the electronics cool. Considered some like colored reflective paint on the top of the coil like they use on roofs. Dont think aluminum heat sinks would work though lol.
That is why I liked my old White(ish) explorers, they were noticeably cooler to the touch. When I installed paver patios, the paver manufacturer claimed that in the sunlight, light colored bricks were 30° cooler than dark brown. Makes sense to me.

The weight issue doesnt effect me even though Im partially disabled and have one good arm. Little quirks like the coils being a bear to thread through the shaft doesnt bother me either. Just hunts in the middle of the day when the sun is high and bright really ruins it for me when I can't see the screen. I am confident with the etrac, and thats the important thing for me. I do use a screen protector to help. Guess this is the year to use my etrac more.
Try tying dental floss, shoe lace, or string right above the coil connector. Then drop it down the shaft. It's easier to grab the shoelace and pull it through with the coil connector rather than trying to weasel the cable through. Have to give credit to 1 of the authors as this isn't my idea

Back
Top Bottom