Forum Supporter
on the lake :p:laughing:

'Lil sunrise this morning

P5140053.jpg

Pullin' crankbaits

P5140052.jpg

Marking "a few" fish

P5140054.jpg

Probably caught close to 70 fish before packing it in at noon. There's an "over 12 inches" minimum size limit, so most were throwbacks, but I had 10-12 I could have kept, but didn't keep any (still have some in the freezer).

This was a 13.5-14" fish, extremely common. I've caught 16-17" fish. 3 pounders aren't uncommon.
P5140057.jpg

What kind of fish am I looking at? I first thought perch but pretty big mouth, then I thought smallmouth bass but strange color.

Looks like a beautiful lake.

Ohh and you must have great rods and reels to catch that many fish.

(Equinox joke!)

What kind of fish am I looking at? I first thought perch but pretty big mouth, then I thought smallmouth bass but strange color.

Looks like a beautiful lake.

Ohh and you must have great rods and reels to catch that many fish.

(Equinox joke!)

Crappie. It is a nice lake, flood control, so there were a few small towns and houses it flooded. Earth dam is 2 miles long IIRC.

Yes, they are game changers
:laughing:

Nice! Crappie is my favorite kind of fish... I love its flavor. I'm looking forward to this fishing season, although, sadly, the vehicle that we use to pull our boat is having problems, so for now our fishing trips will have to be off the dock. :(

Lovely sunrise! To me, ones like that are such a beautiful display of God's creation. Great photo! :thumbsup:

Fresh fish from a clean lake, sounds great, nice catch Gauntlet !

......but watch out if that's the Creature's crapper you just took from him, he might be upset ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
P5140052c.jpg

Those are decent size specs! Got a few in my pond, watched a great blue heron gulp one down (took him a while). Really burns my britches watching those birds eat my fish - should be me eating the fish!

Those are decent size specs! Got a few in my pond, watched a great blue heron gulp one down (took him a while). Really burns my britches watching those birds eat my fish - should be me eating the fish!

Get some goldfish for your pond. They grow big and love to sun. Herons love them. They are easy for them to catch. Might solve your problem if the goldfish get big enough.

For some reason herons can spot them miles away it seems.

Nice! Crappie is my favorite kind of fish... I love its flavor. I'm looking forward to this fishing season, although, sadly, the vehicle that we use to pull our boat is having problems, so for now our fishing trips will have to be off the dock. :(

I never had a boat and have always fished from the shore. Once we were catching so many small Crappie that the ranger told us to quit throwing them back because there were too many of them.

I never had a boat and have always fished from the shore. Once we were catching so many small Crappie that the ranger told us to quit throwing them back because there were too many of them.

:lol: I hope they were at least large enough to eat!

Most of my fishing has been from our boat, and I enjoy that most; but you are right; fishing from shore is also fun and rewarding. :thumbsup:

Get a fake blue heron and put it at your pond. They don’t like to hunt by each other so the real ones won’t come. Might need a few depending on the size of your pond.

Back
Top Bottom