Last weekend in Eastern NC

BlackBetty

My highlights from my family visit. I managed to pull 2 nice Confederate 8 point NC buttons, a few flat buttons, a tent stake piece, organ reed, 1 Indian and a nice Walker. Silver #3fty and a few other odds and ends. First time in a long time I actually didn’t want to leave. Can’t wait to hit that permission again.
0522d5bd7f3409ab8014ee4b07bb9ee0.jpg
5e822b68e477b92b2a9ecebf32b8ee30.jpg
c2f33b164ed849ec943b522b4ee94ed7.jpg
71b057a770efccd4c3f17770bdfcfae9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luv the green patina on that IH ! Love the in-sutu "reveal" pix . Nice post. Thanx !

Awesome, hope I can find things like that someday. Just starting out and learning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice finds. Congrats. What is the thing at the bottom? I found one just like it this weekend. Looked up organ reed but can't find anything like that with the holes on the side. Interested since I am trying to date an old home place I found this weekend. Civil war era? Does look like a reed of some sort but there is no way this little farmstead had an organ in it. Thoughts?

Nice finds. Congrats. What is the thing at the bottom? I found one just like it this weekend. Looked up organ reed but can't find anything like that with the holes on the side. Interested since I am trying to date an old home place I found this weekend. Civil war era? Does look like a reed of some sort but there is no way this little farmstead had an organ in it. Thoughts?

That is the contact off of a Model T coil. I've found a few of them in old home sites.

That soil looks real familiar--I think you're hunting one of my honey holes!!! Just kidding. Those are really incredible finds. The buttons are awesome. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom