• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ring return number 30!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
This one I used the Whites DFX with the Bigfoot coil as the rings were lost less than 24 hours earlier in a wide wide wide, did I mention wide? open beach. I wanted to cover some serious ground in the short time I had to look.

Yesterday I noticed a post by my friend Indiana on Facebook Swip-Swap that stated he'd found a gold wedding band with initials and a date on it while metal detecting and would like to find the owner. Someone correctly identified the ring and it was returned but one of the numerous replies was someone asking if anyone happened to see her wedding ring and engagement ring that slipped off her finger into the water near a beach about 10-15 miles south of me. Sadly Swip Swap has now removed the entire thread, I don't know why :(

I contacted Elizabeth who sent me a photo of the rings and after finding out where on the beach she was I decided to try to find them first thing this morning. My plan was to have Elizabeth meet me to show me exactly where she was but she could not arrive until 11:15 during her lunch break so I decided to head out at dawn while the tide was still far out and start searching. She gave me very specific details right down to the heel marks she made in the sand where she sat, what time it was, how deep into the water she had gone and what she was doing when they fell off. This made narrowing down the search on such a HUGE WIDE OPEN (and that's an understatement) beach!

When I got up it was raining and I was concerned that the markings where she sat might be washed away so I said a prayer and headed out. As I got to the beach there was fog everywhere EXCEPT for where I was to search :) How cool is that? And the heel marks in the sand were still there despite yesterdays rain and today's. Thank God!

I found two different spots with 'heel' marks in the dry sand so I started my search in front of both of those and then started to grid between them. They were about 300 feet apart. It didn't take long to find both rings. They were about 2 feet apart. I sent a photo of them to Elizabeth who met me shortly after in the parking lot during her lunch break. One very happy young lady! And she blessed ME with a nice 100 dollar reward!

Attachments

• Ring return 30.jpg
    Ring return 30.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 819
  • lost rings.jpg
    lost rings.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 764
  • Ring return 30 A.jpg
    Ring return 30 A.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 762
  • Ring return 30 B.jpg
    Ring return 30 B.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 757
  • Ring return 30 C.jpg
    Ring return 30 C.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 771
  • Ring return 30 E.jpg
    Ring return 30 E.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 771
Nice goin'! I have sent my first return ( a 10k HS class ring) back to it's owner. Just waiting for her to say she got it!

Nice goin'! I have sent my first return ( a 10k HS class ring) back to it's owner. Just waiting for her to say she got it!

That is awesome! I've returned some by mail and never got a thank you. Hope you hear from them! The ones that do respond are beyond grateful! It's a great experience most times!

That is awesome! I've returned some by mail and never got a thank you. Hope you hear from them! The ones that do respond are beyond grateful! It's a great experience most times!

I posted it on "Stories and Pictures of Finds" today. She sent a picture of it on her finger. :cool:

I posted it on "Stories and Pictures of Finds" today. She sent a picture of it on her finger. :cool:

That is awesome!

Very cool!

Great job in finding the two important things...the rings and happiness. Well done...

That was wonderful. This return was a blessing to both the recipient and you.

Missed this post!

Double gold return... wow!!!!

Congats!!!

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom