Found my first class ring to be returned! UPDATED - RETURNED

rizar33

Well I was out with Pagordon today continuing his V3i training and we were in an old mill race along one of the streams by me. We weren't doing to great and were getting ready to move on to another spot. So I was swinging around by where the stream flows into the mill race when the flows get high. I got a solid 47 on my V3i and I INSTANTLY said "old beaver tail". But since there weren't many targets for the day I said what the heck I will get it out of the way. Well low and behold out pops this GINORMOUS class ring! It's 10k and is dated 1962. I tell you right now I wouldn't want to mess with the man who wears it even though he would be 70 years old now!! I have already contacted the Alumni and will be updating this post once it is returned! Here are some pics of the bling!

UPDATE:
Well I met with the son and returned the ring to him. His hands were shaking as he looked at the ring. He said His dad must have lost it sometime between 62 and 65 when he joined the Marines. His son said that his dad must have got a replacement ring but it didn't have his initials like the original because they have the replacement ring. As a matter of fact they didn't even realize that he had lost his original ring! Once again the son asked if I wanted any money or anything for it and I said no. Seeing the joy on his face was payment enough!

Attachments

• DSC01069.jpg
    DSC01069.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 687
  • DSC01073.jpg
    DSC01073.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC01082.jpg
    DSC01082.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
Nice ring! I hope you're able to find the owner!

Found the family of the owner....he died when he was 55.....he would be 70 if he was still alive....family is baffled and so am I. Just an amazing thing to be able to return a ring to a family who never probably even knew that dad lost his ring. I spoke with his wife and she transferred the phone to her son and I overheard her say that she wanted to pay me and when the son got on the phone I let him know that I would not except any money from them.

Its their ring not mine! I don't get to charge or except money from that family for something that is theirs!

We are working on getting the ring back to that family

Way to go Rick!! I'm sure the family will be happy to have that ring back and have something to remember their dad by. Wonder if he took his son fishing down there and lost it? You did leave out the detail of how COLD and windy it was out today! This find did make it worth it in though my book.

Haha yeah we should have got a picture but then again Santa will bring you one of your own lol.

It's a wonderful thing you have done. Thanks for being one of the people who make our hobby look good in the eyes of the average citizen!

I love reading these kind of posts, my goal is to find and return a class ring some day. I have found a number of rings in my almost 30 years in the hobby but never a class ring (yet). I can picture the look on that lads face when you returned the ring, good on you rizar33.

Very nice deed there man!!

What a great time of year for it too, holidays and all...

<*)))>{

Very nice gesture! I guess im not as nice a person. All my class rings ( if I ever find one) will have A.R.A. very clearly engraved on them

Back
Top Bottom