Diamond earring

Stranglehold

A friend of mines wife has lost her diamond earring in their yard and has asked me for my help finding it. I am new to metal detecting and have only scanned my only property with finding nothing but nails and other pieces of scrap junk. Any pointers for a newby like me?

Wish me luck. will post my findings on Sunday.

Thanks in advance

What kind of detector do you have?

If you have a detector that has the VDI number readout, this could make finding the earring a lot easier.

I would put the matching earring on the ground (supposing she has it) and scan it with your detector to see what it rings up as. That will tell you what you should be looking for when searching for the lost earring.

Best of luck!

I have a Bounty Hunter Quick draw 2 which is my first metal detector. That is a great idea concerning if she has the other earring (which i think she does).

Thanks for the tip!! It is very much appreciated.

Go with all metals mode, or use pinpoint for the best sensitivity.
I wonder if ultra violet light or another type light would illuminate a diamond? I heard it works on some jems..Just don't know how well or what size area you need to cover.

My wife lost her Diamond earring in the front yard. It was small stud, I didn't have a MD back then, But I found it using a flashlight at night, It amazing how much it sparkled when the light hit it.

Can try http://www.lostmystuff.net/

The amount of metal in earrings like that is tiny and most detectors won't see it. You need a high frequency gold detector with a small coil and test it against the matching earring.

Howdy. Have found a few diamond earrings with my compadre... Might be a good excuse to add one to the herd. Lol. It's quite the machine for about 160... Otherwise good idea to try all metal or light

Well that was a bust! no earring found, however i stopped by our family farm did a little digging and found a 1974 kennedy half dollar!!! my first coin i have found. i was super stoked to at least find something that wasn't old junk!!

Sorry you didn't find the earring but finding a kennedy half is great. In over three years of metal detecting I have found only one. Congrats on the keeper.

finally

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 400
Back
Top Bottom