Silver's, Half Dime On A Brutishly Cold Outing

Nice little collection of finds!
Thank you Saoirse for your reply. I hope to add a few more to the collection before mother nature decides to lock us out with the deep freeze. Trapper
Very good work guys . Congradulations on the silver.
Extended forecast says single digits 😐.
But on the board.
,Dew
Appreciate the response Brad. We went back to the same site where you and Hollywood Kid covered ground last week with us .only the other side of the fence. We both used the big coils as everything we dug was pretty deep. Went back again yesterday. Trapper

Trapper, congrats on those first silvers of the season. Thats great you have some diggable ground. Things are frozen solid here now. Continued success to you sir....HH
Thank you Andy. We got a little lucky and found some ground that lets us play. Made another trip there yesterday and the Silver count is now up to 4. This is not the normal I can assure you. A huge cold front moved in today so That will put a end to it until thaw. Trapper
Congrats on the Merc and Barber Trapper! Our ground is nearly impossible to detect right now.
Thanks Fred as your reply is appreciated. Weather took a bad turn here today with a big cold front, it could put a end to digging until Spring. Still I did get out 3 times and dug Silver on each and that will help hold cabin fever at bay. Trapper

Couple of nice silvers there!
Appreciate your reply Sean. We have been pretty lucky just to be able to do some digging this time of the year. Think its coming to a end for a while as heavy snow and bitter cold is the forecast. Trapper
Catchy title Jack, congrats on an almost trifecta, given this time of year is a pretty good score. That Merc is sweet, has a lotta meat left on her. HH Mark
Thank you Mark. The tittle was to draw a few extra replies, not sure it really worked. The Merc cleaned up pretty good from the deep ground water stains. Enough that she has some eye appeal. Trapper

THAT AIN'T NO "HALF DIME"!!! :roll: :laughing:
Glad to hear you both got some goods while toughing out the conditions. Nice pair of dimes Trapper.
But Blaise its a dime cut in half, sorry just trying to gas up the presentation. Thank you though for the reply. I am thankful Mike and I could get out and still dig. I think its over now as the snow and bitter cold arrived with fury last night.
I vote for you to change your user name to THE SILVER MASTER :laughing: great job and start to the year . Thanks for the post .
Thanks Mike, its to late in the game to change the handle. The better half set the name when she found this forum on line back when we started in this hobby. She participated exactly two hunts before she retired from it. Still she has been very supportive of me ever since. The picture in the avatar she took. She says she gets a bang out of me coming home with the goods. Says its like a little kid on Christmas morning. Trapper

Congrats on them digs and braving the cold, been under the weather myself, but hopefully will be able to get out next week.

You're not the only one who went hook line and sinker
Sorry Joe I the tittle, it was meant to get a giggle. But I thankful that it got you to look and reply. Trapper
Anytime you can get anything out of the ground this time of year is a good thing, especially silver, congrats Jack! :yes:
Completely right Ron. This is not the usual digging in January but it has been somewhat fun if you like the cold. My guess though it is over now because the bitter cold and a heavy snow fell last night. Not much chance the ground will stay diggable after this one. Trapper

Great finds for this time of year in Wisconsin. I used to hunt a lot in La Crosse and Madison. How to do some hunting in March in Madison? Good Luck,
Thanks Bill your reply is appreciated. I'm about a hour east of Madison but I think the dirt over there is pretty much the same. But the attitude of a awful lot of those people over there has me scared. They seem to think they know more of whats better for the rest of the residents of this state. So what made you leave? Was Madison and La Crosse school? Trapper
Half Dime, lol you got me. great hunt bro, congrats!
I apologize for misleading you Hollywood but it was meant to get a giggle or two. The hunt though was fantastic with great company and some very nice finds. Specially because hunting in Wisconsin is not normal in Wisconsin. Trapper

Sorry Joe I the tittle, it was meant to get a giggle. But I thankful that it got you to look and reply. Trapper

Completely right Ron. This is not the usual digging in January but it has been somewhat fun if you like the cold. My guess though it is over now because the bitter cold and a heavy snow fell last night. Not much chance the ground will stay diggable after this one. Trapper

I'm not upset..it was a clever hook..and the fact remains..it really was a half dime.. I saw the humor..and appreciate it

nice hunt trapper :D
Thank you Mark. The hunt was fun even if a bit cold. Digging Silver does take your mind off the conditions. Trapper
Congrats on them digs and braving the cold, been under the weather myself, but hopefully will be able to get out next week.
Appreciate the reply Trap. I have braved these type of conditions and far worse on the trapline. It's funny what some people can get use to. Hope your feeling better soon. Trapper

I'm not upset..it was a clever hook..and the fact remains..it really was a half dime.. I saw the humor..and appreciate it
Thank you Joe for the come back, your candor and humor. Trapper
Nicely Done Trapper! Stay warm out there.
Appreciate the response Roger. I think I will be staying indoors for a while now. Winter came to Wisconsin with a major amount of intensity.We got over 15 inches of snow in the last five days and now temps are suppose to drop below zero for the next week. Trapper

Nice finds I’m still waiting on my 1st Barber for the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds I’m still waiting on my 1st Barber for the year

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm pretty proud to start 2019 this early the normal is digging begins in March. Weather here has returned to winter with sub zero temps and over 20 inches of snow on the ground. Be patient is my advise as in this hobby the longer you stay the more rewarding it becomes. Your first Barber is out there, just a matter of putting your coil over it. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom