• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett clear sound headphones

I just ordered a pair, should be here in a few days. i like how not all of the cord is not coiled, I will let you know how they work.

Mine work great. I had to replace the plug in connector after about 2 years but they are still going strong. Light weight and it's nice to have the volume control. And budget priced. I have a brand new pair waiting as a replacement but mine still have a lot of life in them.

I have never tried that particular headphone but I have tried others in that price range and was very disappointed with the quality, fit and sound reproduction. I have profound hearing loss and wear hearing aids. With higher quality headphones I can hear quite well but with cheap headphones I find that the tones that I hear are not nearly as clear.

I just ordered a pair, should be here in a few days. i like how not all of the cord is not coiled, I will let you know how they work.

Thanks, I will check back.

Mine work great. I had to replace the plug in connector after about 2 years but they are still going strong. Light weight and it's nice to have the volume control. And budget priced. I have a brand new pair waiting as a replacement but mine still have a lot of life in them.

Good to hear (pun, lol) sounds promising.

I have never tried that particular headphone but I have tried others in that price range and was very disappointed with the quality, fit and sound reproduction. I have profound hearing loss and wear hearing aids. With higher quality headphones I can hear quite well but with cheap headphones I find that the tones that I hear are not nearly as clear.

I have a good set, its just that they are bulky and yank my glasses off.
I am looking for something light for quick hunts.

https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/1612700_easy_stow_headphones_en.aspx

Has anyone used these?
How do they sound?

I use Ratphones and they sound excellent, but I looking for a light weight alternative for certain situations.

Thanks.

They're ok. They're definitely light weight, and are more breathable than the full-cover earphones, but they don't hold up beyond a few months of solid use. Don't know why. I've had about 5 pairs in the first two years. Unsure if it was my kid or the headphones, but I found they'd lose a speaker periodically. Didn't matter much with bell-tone setups, but when you're picking out whispers, it does.

Personally, I switched to using my apple earbuds with a volume control line put between the earbuds and the headphone jack (required jack size-adapter). This was the BEST solution by far... Why? Earbuds don't make your ears sweat, and really contain the sound well.

I went through two volume controls though. Slammed the door on one (cord was extra long), and caught one on a fence.

Now... I'm running wireless Z-Lync from Garrett, and couldn't be happier (seriously. I LOVE z-Lync.)

I just got them and they sound ok, nothing like my ratphones but they are light.

I dont think I would like earbuds and I tried the zlynk but it would not work with my detectors.

I need to give these a real hunt and see how they do.

Thanks

I quit removing my headphones to hear the pin pointer as I discovered that I was knocking my hearing aids out of my ears. Lost two of those expensive rascals. Now I do not take my headphones off in the field. I check my hearing aids when I do remove the headphones to make certain they did not come off with the headphones.

Back
Top Bottom