Surprise Gold Today!

Compass

Forum Supporter
Found on my workbench when I was cleaning up the coins and trash from the last recent hunts. It probably bounced off to the side unnoticed when I dumped my finds pouch out. I'm sure that it was found in the dark of night when I slipped it into my pouch with the intention of checking it out in the morning's light. I may have found it the day after Christmas when I found another crown but it could have been any time since then as well.
picture.php

It weighs a respectable 1.8 grams and holds firm with 14K acid and lasts a while under 18K acid as well. I do remember finding a target in the dark and thinking it might be a crown but, with the PI detector, I find so many small bits of iron that I don't remember when or even which beach I was at.
I hunted 3 beaches with Romy last Friday night but we did so poorly that it's not likely that it was then. I guess I will never know but it would have been nice to, at least, know which year I found it in. :lol: GL & HH!!

mmmmm

A tooth's a tooth , i need a crown now, and a dentist :lol: howboutit , good job on the small target's, i guess the 800 sniffed it out to , from your prior hunts' ?

Every wonder how many of those you may have thrown away when you first started hunting thinking they were aluminum? They can sure turn a bad day around..... good find.

:dingding: That IS a very respectable weight!

Every wonder how many of those you may have thrown away when you first started hunting thinking they were aluminum? They can sure turn a bad day around..... good find.
:blink: Hmmmmmm......

All three crowns that I found ended up being 16k gold. From what I read that is typically the karat gold they use

Excellent find !

I have one Dental Crown so far..

Looking at yours .. with the hole in the middle looks like he/she probably had a root canal after the fact, as it easier to drill through the crown then remove it and do it all over again.

A tooth's a tooth , i need a crown now, and a dentist :lol: howboutit , good job on the small target's, i guess the 800 sniffed it out to , from your prior hunts' ?
Sure Earl, Why not? I'm pretty handy with marine epoxy. Probably found it with my Dual Field but could have been with the 800. If so, it probably came up as a "2th". :lol:

As Romy would say, “sweet!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Thanks digger, I prefer jewelry but gold is gold! :yes:
Unfortunately, you may be right. This is the 2nd one I found after I got home so there may have been others that escaped my attention. :no:

:dingding: That IS a very respectable weight!

:blink: Hmmmmmm......
Thanks Felix, Doesn't look there is enough gold there to make a ring but many gold rings are under 2 grams. :yes:

Nice find George its probably 18k from your scratch test...
Thanks Craig, I guess I would expect it to be more yellow but there's 18k white gold too. :yes:

All three crowns that I found ended up being 16k gold. From what I read that is typically the karat gold they use
Good to know- Thanks Sturrat!
Excellent find !

I have one Dental Crown so far..

Looking at yours .. with the hole in the middle looks like he/she probably had a root canal after the fact, as it easier to drill through the crown then remove it and do it all over again.
I was wondering about the hole. You may be right- thank you!

Sweet score and a nice surprise too. Congrats.
Thanks Salt, Well, it made my non-detecting day a little sweeter! :D
I'd say 16K as well...nice save!
Thanks Captain, That seems about right from the acid test. :yes:
Nice save George !! Does that make 5 gold so for 2019?.....You are killing it my friend.
Thanks Jeff, I guess so if I assume that it's from this year (which I will). Keeping an eye on this Friday's conditions! :yes:

Oh its a tooth, I was thinking Dang! That ring is BEAT!!!
Well Metal, If it was a ring I have found uglier ones! :lol:

That’s a melter unless your buddies with a dentist :lol: but gold is gold and always appreciated!
Congrats and nice save!
Thanks GS, Melter for sure! :yes:

The tooth fairy has been good to you and Craig. Between the two of you might come up with a whole set. Congrats.
Thanks Dog, Yes she has. Now, if only the Rolex fairy would only do the same...:lol:

Last edited:
looks like you rubbed it too hard. you rubbed a big ol cavity in the center of the tooth.. :)

Nice catch George! I found my 1st toothus last year at HB, 3.2 grams of 18k :D

Attachments

• 20190113_203545.jpg
    20190113_203545.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 20190113_203458.jpg
    20190113_203458.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 20190113_203554.jpg
    20190113_203554.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 290
Back