Cell phones 5 years from now?

shortbil

Look at how phones have changed in the last five years! What do you think they will be like in another five years....10 years. What wont they be able to do?

A full functioning computer on your phone? In 5 years no telling, something we can not even imagine now. Something that has amazed me is how science fiction writers have done a pretty good job of predicting the future, but have for the most part missed the concept of the internet.

We just had a guy run into the back of a parked police car doing about sixty because he was texting at the time. Luckily the officer was out helping a motorist change a tire.

I have a Samsung Captivate...I'm on it more than I'm on my Linux box. I browse/read forums, emails, my ebay auctions etc..I can root it so i have SU access, side load apps from 3rd party sources, use it as a modem, use it as a wifi spot for 5 devices, run video from it into a tv or monitor in HD, voice text, voice navigate with the gps, compare prices of products just by scanning the product with a barcode scanner and get directions to each place within X distance from me plus their pricing....the list goes on...it won't be long and smartphones will become like the Dell Streak, only more powerful. Small 5" tablet with full pc capabilities...

The Motorola Atrix has a dual core processor in it and for 150 bucks you can get the laptop for it...plug phone in and utilize the laptop portion, unplug it and all your data stays on the phone...

Mine will probably be the same as now, unless it gets dunked, and even then i'll try to find another LG shine, great camera which focuses and a steel back plate...

Back
Top Bottom