• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Evening Hunt To Avoid Heat

diggin4clad

Elite Member
We hunted for only an hour in the evening to avoid the hot afternoon temps. A soccer field not far from home was the destination. Did OK for the short time we were there, getting 23 clad coins worth $3.90. Best find was the 1979 Susan B. Anthony dollar coin.

Attachments

• IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 309
Nice evening haul, Ed. Never found a Susan B in many years of detecting.

Watch out for those evening mosquitoes 🦟
Thanks Jim......I've found maybe 5 or 6 in my 37 years of detecting......They're not as common as the Sacagawea or Presidents. They were minted for only 4 years.

That's a nice haul for a short outing. Heat of summer puts me out either early in the day or in the evenings after it cools a bit also. Trapper

How much moolah do you average in a week ? I need to start counting ours.

How much moolah do you average in a week ? I need to start counting ours.
If it's a normal week....Saturday two hours by myself and Sunday two and a half hours Sue and I ......the AVERAGE is around $15.00. This is down from a few years back when we were pulling $25-30.
I make a sheet for each of us to keep a running total of our coins as individual coins, total coins, and face value of the clad coins. 2015 was our best year and the amounts we're finding now are lower but still very good.

Attachments

• Image (37).jpg
    Image (37).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Image (30).jpg
    Image (30).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Image (34).jpg
    Image (34).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 144
If it's a normal week....Saturday two hours by myself and Sunday two and a half hours Sue and I ......the AVERAGE is around $15.00. This is down from a few years back when we were pulling $25-30.
I make a sheet for each of us to keep a running total of our coins as individual coins, total coins, and face value of the clad coins. 2015 was our best year and the amounts we're finding now are lower but still very good.

That is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom