lots of Wheat in the Barn, plus 5 Shiny and more!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
No rain today, so headed north to the "big city" and did a solid 7 hours of detecting! My knees are a bit sore but going up and down for coins makes it a bit easier!

Had a good day, got permission at a couple of yards, but concentrated more on some curb strips that had probably not been hunted much before. Started off with a Silver Rosie as my second coin out of a front yard, then settled down to finding wheat pennies... and more wheat pennies! Got another Silver Rosie from a nearby curb strip, later a Silver GW Quarter, and then finished off the day with a couple of Silver Rosies from another curb strip. The area I was in had homes shown on the 1957 Sanborn Map, so not that old an area but still good enough for some decent coins! Totals for the day were 38 wheaties, 45 copper House Pennies, 9 clad quarters, 8 clad dimes, 1 Jeffy Nick, a cool "MONTANA / LAST BEST PLACE" (so true) elongated cent, and really cool Half Dollar size copper FRONTIER TOWN token. This place was started on the west side of MacDonald Pass west of Helena, in about 1946. Below is a link to the history courtesy of the Helena Historical Society...

http://www.helenahistory.org/frontier_town.htm

Misc stuff included some sort of solid brass hammer with a hole at the end of the handle, any ideas on this? Also a copper bracelet, US Military button, and other odds and ends. Ah.... now it is time for a nice hot shower, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 501
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 428
  • coins3.jpg
    coins3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 426
  • coins4.jpg
    coins4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 435
Made for a very long day with drives to and from with 7 hrs. of hunting in between. Your rewards though David were well worth the time and effort. Congrats on the 5 Silver's, the neat Token, all the Wheat's along with all the rest. Time to rest up before the next adventure. Trapper

Lovely silver..nice token that ol Miner on there's the same one that's on the front of my 1986 troy ounce of silver California Gold Miner.

Very nice finds. Nice silvers. Congrats.

HD

Thank you HD!

Congrats on a great hunt with nice finds. GL & HH.

Thank you bubbaron!

Very nice finds! The token is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CW! Yeah, that token looked like a Large Cent coming out of the ground, then I realized that probably none are found here in Montana!

Awesome haul, congrats on all the wheats, silver's, and relics!

Thanks Cellr!

Made for a very long day with drives to and from with 7 hrs. of hunting in between. Your rewards though David were well worth the time and effort. Congrats on the 5 Silver's, the neat Token, all the Wheat's along with all the rest. Time to rest up before the next adventure. Trapper

Thanks Trapper... am feeling good today so might do a quick local hunt!

Now there's a good day's haul! Lots of cool finds there, but I'm giving the nod to the little sledgehammer charm/pendant. :yes:

Thanks Foragist! That brass hammer is about 4-5" long and almost weighs a pound, so don't think it is a charm, that would be one heckuva weight to carry around! :) So not sure about it yet.

Talk about a good hunt...you need a wheelbarrow to carry away all those finds...congrats!

Thanks JAK yes over 100 coins plus some oddities.

awesome finds congrats :D

Thanks brncofan!

Lovely silver..nice token that ol Miner on there's the same one that's on the front of my 1986 troy ounce of silver California Gold Miner.

Thanks K& T - that Frontier Town token on the front, with the miner panning gold, is embossed around the rim "J. R. QUIGLEY TERRITORY OF MONTANA 1863."

Great day of hunting and nice finds. Congratulations !

Thanks jerr-man!

Congrats on the silver & wheaiets - especially the GW. :detector:

Thank you! I love finding Silver Quarters as many of those were cherry picked by guys back in the 1970's and 1980's. I know then that I at least have a chance at getting some silver from the area I am detecting.

Back
Top Bottom