Dig all

2108silver1

Despite the fact you will dig everything just curious how many more silvers gold etc. Has anyone dug running in zero discrimination. Think I might try it next time. Be interesting. Any good stories

I can think of at least twice. Once was a bouncy signal that turned out to be a small 14k locket, the other was a 10k chain bracelet. If I had discriminating I would have missed them. I almost never pass up a signal unless its dead on iron because my 10k diamond wedding ring signals as foil.

It depends on the location / site. I can think of blighted parks that ... if a person tried to be a hero and "dig all", he would dig tons of aluminum, zinc, etc... before he would EVER get a silver or gold item

But then at other locations (old beaches after storm erosion) where you'd get some silver coins, some gold rings, etc... and absolutely zero aluminum . Due it's been washed out. Your only nemesis, in those conditions, is clad, fishing sinkers, etc....

You can't dig everything when detecting in places like public parks, unless you want to spend all day digging bottle caps, pull tabs, & foil. Digging everything only applies to certain locations where there is little to no trash.

The kind of places I hut these days almost forces me to use some level of discrimination. I disc out iron and notch out aluminum. Maybe I've missed a few things doing it that way but I've saved a lot of wear and tear on my body and avoided wasting time on some of the junk I would of dug.

On the AT Pro I operate in Pro Zero mode with Max Sensitivity if EMI allows that. Nothing notched out, no Iron Disc. While I "hear" everything, I don't "dig" everything. Iron grunts, nails, signals that still come in loud and clear when I have the coil a foot off the ground, and some of the irregular mid tones I will pass up. For example a surface "75" coin on my machine is 100% a Zincoln, a deep fainter "75" will be an Indian Head cent or worn early Wheatie. I'll pass on the former, and dig every one of the latter! Location does play a key part in what I dig, even though I hear it all.

You can't dig everything when detecting in places like public parks, unless you want to spend all day digging bottle caps, pull tabs, & foil. Digging everything only applies to certain locations where there is little to no trash.

if ya dig everything in public parks, you won't be there long!
just sayin', call attention to yourself, kiss it goodbye!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom