VA return trip...Gold with amazing stone!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Made the 2 hour trek to meet JD for more VA looting. Back to the amazing permission from last Saturday.

We hit it hard. Not as many finds as last time BUT besides my dateless Shield nickel, toasted 1889 Injun, 1946 Rosie, 1913 and 1919 Buffs, 8 wheats and Pine Tar Honey bell shaped ad I struck gold and sapphire!!! :yes::cool3:

JD pulled a Merc and 9 wheats plus some relics.

My ring has the nicest stone I’ve ever dug. Appears to be flawless blue sapphire. Ring is 10k. Nice vintage ring!

I ❤️ Virginia!

Last edited:
Nice finds and very nice ring. Congrats.

HD

Thanks HD MT. The ring was a real surprise.

That's a gorgeous ring

Thanks pryan67! I was thrilled when I saw the stone.

A lot more reasons to love VA. Congrats Jerry on the Gold with Stone, the Shield, the Rosie and all the rest. Trapper

Lol, VA trips have been good to me. Probably be a while until I report in again...planning some pillaging in Ohio for next trip...

Nice ring! Looks like an oldie. Virginia is for lovers:lol:

Thanks toad! I think the ring could be fairly old.

Glad to see you back posting about some amazing finds, Jerry. Congrats on the fantastic keepers; I really like that shield nickel. :woot:

Nice finds! Well done!!

Thanks Wyo!

Thanks for the pics, Nice ring! And bell thing.

Thanks metal addict! Ring was a real surprise.

That's a Bobby Dazzler, for sure. I want to find a real nice stone like that someday.

Thanks SW! That stone was definitely an eye catcher.

Glad to see you back posting about some amazing finds, Jerry. Congrats on the fantastic keepers; I really like that shield nickel. :woot:

Thanks WD! I don't find many shield nickels and that one completed my nickel quad for that permission. Wont be posting as much as i once did, but will after I travel to dig. I think next up is an Ohio pillaging plan...

Oh my goodness that ring is beautiful. Whoever lost it was sick about it i bet. Nice coins too!

You pulled out some real nice finds...congrats!

Thanks Jak. That permission was good to us.

Oh my goodness that ring is beautiful. Whoever lost it was sick about it i bet. Nice coins too!

Thanks K&T. That stone is a beauty.

Heck yeah! Lots of good finds there. That big sapphire table should make an awesome remount! Congrats on all the roadtrip scores!

Sapphire table? Lol! Thanks Foragist.

Back
Top Bottom