Door Knock Boosts Silver Count. SLQ and Trifecta

jack&jill

Elite Member
Had a great day. Stopped and knocked on a rural home on the way to run some errands last Wednesday. Got a yes and went Thursday morning for about 3 hours. Had some other things that needed to get done. Then went back in late afternoon to continue the hunt for approx. another 3 hours. The morning hunt yielded the Dime trifecta with a Rosie, a Barber and 2 Merc's. Along with a Silver GW to complete the morning efforts. The return trip added another Merc, then the SLQ. A dated 1925 issue and then another Silver GW. The total of 8 Silver Coins along with 18 Wheat's and a nice pile of clad. Earlier hunts since my last report put 6 more Silver's into the coffers. These 14 now has the FTY count up to 85. I could use a few more days like this one. Anyway on to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 5-31-19 .jpg
    5-31-19 .jpg
    93 KB · Views: 566
  • 6-2-19 .jpg
    6-2-19 .jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 607
  • 6-7-19 .jpg
    6-7-19 .jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 591
  • 6-11-19 .jpg
    6-11-19 .jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 601
  • 6-13-19 .jpg
    6-13-19 .jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 563
  • 6-13-19 1 .jpg
    6-13-19 1 .jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 548
  • 6-13-19 2 .jpg
    6-13-19 2 .jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 567
  • 6-13-19 3 .jpg
    6-13-19 3 .jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
Super finds, trapper. I Can't wait to find my first silver quarter.

Very nice Trapper! A 8 silver day is outstanding! I've had plenty of 1 silver days this year, so getting almost to double digits on the shiny is wonderful!

Very nice finds Trapper!
Thank you Tom for the kind reply. A 8 Silver day really boosted the count. Trapper
Super finds, trapper. I Can't wait to find my first silver quarter.
Appreciate your response Levi, thank you. Hope a Silver Quarter is in the near future for you. The five in this report is almost equal to what I dug this whole year. The Stander gives me the 4th type of Quarter's. As I have previously dug a Seated, a Barber, along with the more common Washington's this year. Trapper

Very nice haul Trap . Just love that standing liberty .
Way to pull in the driveway and get that permission .
Great report and as always .
Looking forward to the next .

Since we talked I haven’t hunted . Did that little walleye tournament Saturday.
Tough bite but scrounging is not just a metal detecting mainstay 🤔.
Money in the bank but as usual ...
nobody remembers second place 😎.
Way to stay on top My good buddy.
,Dew

Awesome haul there Jack! Gotta love the design on those standing liberty quarters, unfortunately, they are like finding hens teeth... Congrats!

Wow Trapper, now that’s the way to do it! Congrats on the 8 silver day, that’s some dang good work there!
Thank you Jeff, your reply is appreciated. Nothing like a great site to liven the spirit of a detectionist. I know this site put some hop in my step. Trapper
Nice looking silvers. Congrats.
HD
Thanks HD. I have a thing for Silver. Just a great feeling of finding in the bottom of the plug. Trapper

Great finds Trapper! Still looking for my first SLQ.
Appreciate your response Tommy, thank you. I have been blessed over the years digging a number of SLQ's, not many as nice as this one though. I hope you put your coil over one so you can remove it from your bucketlist. Trapper
Very nice Trapper! A 8 silver day is outstanding! I've had plenty of 1 silver days this year, so getting almost to double digits on the shiny is wonderful!
Thank you for the kind words David. This is by far my best day this year. I too know the hunts of one or even none this year. Public grounds are being pounded so the permissions are the survival. Trapper

WOW, congratulations on a GREAT day of hunting. Tell us the truth Trapper, did you smell the silver as you drove by or what, inquiring minds want to know ?

That sounds like a fun permission and that slq is in great shape. Congrats on adding more to your totals.
Thank you Jason. It was a very fun site to hunt. It is a fairly large yard and I kinda cherry picked it. I dug up a set of keys that was just into the grass roots and gave them to the owner. He was excited as they were for a couple of his vehicles, house and out buildings. He thought he misplaced them last fall in the house and was using his back ups. I plan a return back with the "Nox" and chase the low tones that I skipped down the road. Trapper
Now that's a great hunt - well done !
Thank you E-trac for your reply. Best hunt this year by a long shot. Sure jumped the Silver count up quickly. Trapper

Now that's a fantastic hunt, Trapper! You pretty much got my YTD silver in one knock :shock: I gotta start knocking on better locations - and listening better on my headphones!!

Love those Mercs (definitely my favorite dime from an appearance standpoint), but of course the Barber is a wonderful dig, too. And that SLQ is in really nice condition - still looking for my first one of those. All I've been able to get over is GWs for quarters. I just keep telling myself it's just a matter of time and the right location....

Back
Top Bottom