Found time capsule for grieving mom

Kat_Poops

She lost her son and asked if I could help find the time capsule he had buried when he was young. When I got there, I made a quick scan of the backyard, nonstop iron grunts. The note said it was buried at the corner of the house. Only one corner of the property seamed reasonable to me because of the driveway and gas meter. Didn’t find it so I thought about it and went to check the corner of the property next to the fence. Hit a big loud signal and probed around with a screwdriver. Started to dig, then saw the top of a lunchbox about 4 inches down. I called her over and asked where the corner of her property was. I wanted To surprise her with it still in the dirt. As she walked up and started to point she saw the box. It made my day. It contained some trinkets, a zippo, pocket knife and a couple of other things that meant the world to her.

Attachments

• 8ECC83E3-9BE3-4709-B22D-BB6B1C8550F2.jpg
    8ECC83E3-9BE3-4709-B22D-BB6B1C8550F2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 584
Very cool, never heard of someone finding a time capsule for someone else. Way to go on helping that mom out!

Super duper killer wicked awesome!!!

Find of the year so far!

If you were here, I'd buy you a drink Sir!

<°)))>{

Send that in to Garrett, it's certainly worth "find of the month" for sure...

<°)))>{

After losing my Brother and seeing what a Mother goes through! Very cool of you to help a grieving Mother. In those times the little things matter!

:goodjob:

Fabulous story! You salvaged a treasure and gave it to the person for whom it meant the most! Imagine a detectorist finding it 40 years from now. It would have just been stuff to anyone else.
I know the Mom appreciated you doing this for her.
Kudos to you good sir!

Back
Top Bottom