Gold Prices

Hello Friends,

I also am starting to get the "gold bug fever" and packaged up some of my finds to send to Midwest Refinery. However, just for S&G's I listed one of my 14k gold designer rings (no stones) on Feebay to test the buyers. As I write this, the ring weighed in a 5.12g with a scrap value of $134.38.

The ring just sold for $344.00....yes....more than double the scrap value !!

As I said, I thought about letting some of my gold go. I have a shipping box ready to go with 5 ounces of 10k and 14k. However, why do I still find it soooooo hard to drop that hard earned gold in the mailbox.:shock::shock:?

Good Luck....Be safe....Jeff.

Last edited:
I was thinking if it goes back to 2000, it will definitely be time to unload some. I have about 8lbs saved up. Mostly thrift store and yard sale stuff.

8 pounds??? Or 8 ounces? 8 pounds is a LOT of gold!

8 pounds of 14k is like $100k. Right?

The price of gold has never reached $2,000 US, just as silver has never hit $50.
Physical gold’s price today is based on ‘paper’ gold futures.
If you’re sitting on some AU, I’d keep on sitting.

Omg!! To sell or not to sell?!!! I here it could be $1460-80 in a couple weeks!

Attachments

• 317AAC42-BA95-4260-9AAB-D36800860D83.jpg
    317AAC42-BA95-4260-9AAB-D36800860D83.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 206
Omg!! To sell or not to sell?!!! I here it could be $1460-80 in a couple weeks!
Wishfull thinking? For those following gold prices for at least the last six years know that what happens next is profit taking, then hammered down by a paper sell-off. Maybe this times it’s different.

Hello Friends,

I also am starting to get the "gold bug fever" and packaged up some of my finds to send to Midwest Refinery. However, just for S&G's I listed one of my 14k gold designer rings (no stones) on Feebay to test the buyers. As I write this, the ring weighed in a 5.12g with a scrap value of $134.38.

The ring just sold for $344.00....yes....more than double the scrap value !!

As I said, I thought about letting some of my gold go. I have a shipping box ready to go with 5 ounces of 10k and 14k. However, why do I still find it soooooo hard to drop that hard earned gold in the mailbox.:shock::shock:?

Good Luck....Be safe....Jeff.

I find that well known name jewelry sells quick and well on Feebay :) It's the generic ones that take forever to move :(

Interesting, I wonder if they recently changed that as they've paid me 98.5 in person once before (only went once) and my two friends that go were paid 98.5 as well. Someone I know is going Monday so we'll see what they say :(

Please keep us posted Barb....:yes:

I hear ya. Could it be because we are trading precious for pieces of paper that lose more value every day?

much less to individuals their website says:

How Much Will I Get Paid for My Gold and Other Items?
If you are not licensed for trade, we generally buy your gold at 80-85% of the current spot price based on live market prices. Diamond prices are based on color, cut, carat, and clarity.

Update: He went today, scrapped over 3,000 in gold and was paid 90 percent.

Back
Top Bottom