• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

Add me to the list, ill take the early bird :worms: special buy 3 get the 4th free :shock::laughing: In the mean time , if it's not out by Xmas , i will buy a ATX , and TDI Beachunter to put under my :xtree: I need 10 beach machine's , only have 6 , when i go to bed at night , i figure if the bed is full of goodies , Shogun won't jump the bed :laughing: He just told me , he will dig the 2 foot hole's at the beach -for a nice bone :D ALL IN :thumbsup:

Earl I hate to break it to you but I have another friend who has 17 detectors. All of the latest greatest...You need to up your game a little...I do think you have him on the scoops....:yes:

Joe

You can only swing one machine at a time, the point made, i have plenty machines to use , while waiting, but if ML comes out with a better machine, they could get my business, the longer the wait, it could happen, ML is due for a Pi with disc, and Garrett is due for a upgraded ATX with disc, as it's a deep machine i here the way it is. I all most bought one back when Gettysburg Detector's went out of business , the Hoover boy's You Tube Atx live hunt video is interesting , even land hunting, it's a tank however, maybe there next PI will be more user friendly. Joe also might add, this AQ machine might not be the best for my needs, as i hunt mostly fresh drop beaches, and started this hobby 43 years ago as a coin hunter , searching for deep gold that might not be thier , only to bring home nickel's for a 60 block beach hunt, won't be my cup of tea, the down fall to the AQ , if the gold is not thier , than id rather take my Nox , Ctx, or Excalibur's for a spin , finding a variety of treasure , other than waste my time , since Rick, is hinting December now, might put the brakes on till after Spring 2020 to see what other manufacturer's bring out, since the season here starts in late June, the back burner's are Empty .

Last edited:
Rick ain’t hinting any dates. The likely release date is “a mystery wrapped in an enigma”.

I have no information at all - and for once (try not to laugh) - no opinion on this subject.

I have no opinion........ but a question. Carl suggested LAST year we would see in the fall or early spring (this year). Now seems to be Christmas ... guess? Whats your spider senses telling you.....problems that needs worked out? Unlike ML who can update their software....... they get one shot at this then wed have to buy another machine or send it back for a fix. HOPEFULLY its not that 1 meter depth causing a problem. Because 1 meter can also mean LENGTH of time underwater and pressure used to rinse them off just like your IPhones. they are waterproof...... sorta. I understand Alexandre has been working on this for what 10 years...... but it seems hes still doing updates in a last effort on the disc to get this out. Crunch time under a big company that knows detectors..... and apparently tester that are giving good feed back.

Alexandre never stops. Remember that the AQ is the first of a series and Mr. A is probably working on down the line - what he might figure out on the way, if it had any application to the AQ, I expect would be considered for incorporation up till the final ship-able software is locked down. Just guessing, of course.

Pointless of me or anyone else to speculate why it isn’t ready. It will remain “not ready” till they announce its for sale - whenever that turns out to be.

Why...you have speculation on everything Rick lol. For all I know this could be a part time job Rick. Been at it for 10 years.....so I’m going to assume here he had a job and Was being done on the side....enter Fisher. 1meter should be a concern if Fisher is using the same interpretation as IPhone for IP67 components ...could be 30 under water max or short durations. Again speculation on his work ethic....We are going to get some Pom poms Rick.

Anyone who plays PING PONG cant be all bad.:lol: Thanks Rick ..... that was a very informative couple of sites. We get to know some of the guys behind the future and past machines because a few we interact with on here and some when dealing with repairs or questions.... and of course Carl has his site. Just never know who some of the guys are on here......ive ran into some SMART guys involved in the hobby.

Updates on the AQ, coming up on July , issue's ironed out ? News ? :?:

I think they are still debating how much money they can squeeze out of you and others for this new detector Earl...

Rick posted this on another forum:

For what it is meant to do - I believe it will be literally “ground breaking”.

What I believe and what other careful serious hunters will decide will be thrashed out when they reach the folks who are prepared to spend more than average for what claims to be a world class tool for a specialized job.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ-

I'll stick with my old reliable technology.. we don't have endless sand here for finds to sink... once it hits the mud and clay our finds stop... would be a waste of money for me... they are making this detector for Dewcon :lol:

I'll stick with my old reliable technology.. we don't have endless sand here for finds to sink... once it hits the mud and clay our finds stop... would be a waste of money for me... they are making this detector for Dewcon :lol:

Between my Excal and MDT, I think I am covered here too. If the price is right, I may get one for when I travel to other states.

Somebody bring one to the Florida Treasure coast. If it can find 1715 fleet artifacts under the renourishment sand it will be declared a winner.

Cfm-Ct

Thanks for posting that statement from Rick, after Lisa goes home from her vacation this week , July & August is finally here, hunting hard, if fresh drops dont lead to gold , might not purchase a machine to find no gold & only nickels, ill just use the Excals / Skullies & pp , Ctx, Equinox , Pi wise The Df has been fixed for the off season, lost 25 lbs , blood pressure normal now , off blood pressure meds , now i need to join a gym, if you dont use the limbs , you loose them, that cane your using , is only temporary , IF you join a gym, leg press , stationary quad lift , squats , and calf machine is all you need , you can add cardio if needed, but if your knee joint cant handle the pounding back off, in my younger days i was a body builder 20s :lol:, what happened to me is history 60 next year :( all a roller coaster down hill , never broke a bone, no mobility issues yet , if i keep dropping weight, work out, and hunt for cardio , i might be ok , getting the mountain bike rolling to, with a new seat , that will help your quad also, happy hunting.

Thanks for posting that statement from Rick, after Lisa goes home from her vacation this week , July & August is finally here, hunting hard, if fresh drops dont lead to gold , might not purchase a machine to find no gold & only nickels, ill just use the Excals / Skullies & pp , Ctx, Equinox , Pi wise The Df has been fixed for the off season, lost 25 lbs , blood pressure normal now , off blood pressure meds , now i need to join a gym, if you dont use the limbs , you loose them, that cane your using , is only temporary , IF you join a gym, leg press , stationary quad lift , squats , and calf machine is all you need , you can add cardio if needed, but if your knee joint cant handle the pounding back off, in my younger days i was a body builder 20s :lol:, what happened to me is history 60 next year :( all a roller coaster down hill , never broke a bone, no mobility issues yet , if i keep dropping weight, work out, and hunt for cardio , i might be ok , getting the mountain bike rolling to, with a new seat , that will help your quad also, happy hunting.

Know did you lose the 25lbs?

I go to Physical therapy 2 times a week.. my quads are getting a huge work out and I don't like it :lol:... my knee is feeling somewhat better at times.. I'm trying to stave off surgery for my meniscus they tell me 90% of people with a meniscus tear do not need surges I am hoping I am in that group.. my knee is stiff from fluid on the knee but the orthopedic DR said I don't have enough to suck out.. I really want to be able to detect again.. right now I cannot.

I go to Physical therapy 2 times a week.. my quads are getting a huge work out and I don't like it :lol:... my knee is feeling somewhat better at times.. I'm trying to stave off surgery for my meniscus they tell me 90% of people with a meniscus tear do not need surges I am hoping I am in that group.. my knee is stiff from fluid on the knee but the orthopedic DR said I don't have enough to suck out.. I really want to be able to detect again.. right now I cannot.

You should get a percussion massage gun on amazon... I tore all my ligaments in my left knee and purchased one of those a few weeks ago. Helps a ton at relieving tension on your knee by massaging your quads/hamstrings/calf.

The one I got was Intelitopia, but there are others, their all about the same sort of setup. It's a percussion massager that helps break up muscle tissue and allow more blood flow to your knee, while also relieving tension.

I normally use it before and after my physical therapy each day.

Sad to say, most of us “dirt fishers” and “sand fishers” are getting older than our average recovered items!!!!!

Me, I hope to have an actual production AQ this year and rumor has it that the nugget version is following close behind.

Meanwhile I will quietly attend to my own disabilities, aches and pains!!! L0L

Lytle78

Looks like we are all crippled up lol , i dig with a right ripped bicep, it's up 4 inches now, but turning a screw driver is worse :lol: , on the slope , if im going South in the lane, my left herniated disc get's me, on the long hunts, i have a right toe joint on the right foot i injured delivering packages at UPS , still gets me, i jammed it into a curve climbing out of the truck, anyway if your not in a wheel chair , still have all my limbs, you can hunt , take it easy, Earl

Back
Top Bottom