Selling finds

Scorpius

So where do you guys sell your finds? Local jewelers so far take gold at scrap value for a “store credit” diamonds they don’t buy. To sell it locally I’d have to get diamonds appraised right.
Pawn shops probably give what 50% of value at best?

So where do you guys sell your finds? Local jewelers so far take gold at scrap value for a “store credit” diamonds they don’t buy. To sell it locally I’d have to get diamonds appraised right.
Pawn shops probably give what 50% of value at best?
Any photos?

Pawn shops stay away from.

Always know everything about what you are trying to sell and come up with a value of it. Arm yourself with all this information and you can go do battle to find a honest place to sell to.

Never assume they are truthful. Get cash and never ever store credit.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I recently had 4 pendants made up in gold from finds, ill do a separate thread on them at some point

Refinery is your best bet for nothing special kind of gold. Name brand.... or attractive stuff some are selling on those out right on some of the on line places. I recently talked to a couple local places..... they try double talking you.... i dont by by the gram.... i use penny weight.... or troy weight... i cant say what percentage i can just give you a penny weight ill pay today. KNOW what you are selling is SMART. Most of us pirates cant let go of a piece of gold unless its valued at $1900 and ounce.....:laughing:

Refinery is your best bet for nothing special kind of gold. Name brand.... or attractive stuff some are selling on those out right on some of the on line places. I recently talked to a couple local places..... they try double talking you.... i dont by by the gram.... i use penny weight.... or troy weight... i cant say what percentage i can just give you a penny weight ill pay today. KNOW what you are selling is SMART. Most of us pirates cant let go of a piece of gold unless its valued at $1900 and ounce.....:laughing:
I might consider selling when gold is twice that price. They say the time to sell is when everyone’s buying.

i have a guy that pays me 95% melt cash in hand he treats me great the guy does it as a hobby to make a little xtra cash hes not greedy at all

Man, It looks like many of us have stopped selling since we left those highs of over $1,500 an once,,,,,I believe that is the last range I sold any,,,,,,,I do have to admit,,,my box is pretty full right now,,,,,,I think I have gotten to the idea that I don't need the money so I will just keep saving and one day it will get up near $2,000 and then I may consider it,,,,,

another idea is melting it and refining it to 24K, taking diamonds from finds,,,and making a custom ring,,,,I made one a long time ago and still lover wearing it,,,,GL HH

Look around your area and see who is paying the most, if you can get 90 percent or better you are doing well. Silver adds up when you start to have pounds of it, gold adds up quick, and diamonds are basically worthless unless they are the size of a pencil eraser or bigger.

You will get more money for your diamond with a grading certificate from a company like GIA, than you will with an appraisal from a jeweler. Appraisals are just opinions. Diamond brokers buy and sell diamonds with GIA certificates without even looking at the stones. Once I sold a 1 carat diamond that I had found, for $4,000, that I could not get an offer over $2,500, until I spent $300 to get it graded.

Im too emotionally attached to sell my finds..each one is a memory shared with my hubby. I know...silly girl.

Back
Top Bottom