11 rings and counting!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So far for the year Amanda and I have dug up 11 rings. We never thought we would be so lucky! When we first got into this hobby we figured we'd find one every so often but mostly coins. Never thought we'd have over 10! 6 of these are .925 and one of them is 10k gold! Hopefully we keep this ring thing up!

Attachments

• 20190521_093338.jpg
    20190521_093338.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 319
Very cool! Where are you finding them? Beaches?

No, unfortunately we don't have many beaches in Montana lol. We go to areas not many people hit. Old schools, old homesites, and old parks way outaide of the bigger city. there's 5 towns outside of the main city that are all about 30 minutes away. Tiny little towns most people usually dont even notice while driving through them. Each one has or used to have a school. That's where we go. Other than that we hir middle schools and high schools.

Congrats to you both !!

When I first stated a year and a half ago ... My wife said you will never find a ring.. after the first 12 she changed her tune fast.. last year I found 38 and this year so far I am at 13, 5 were gold and all told 8 pieces of Gold, A few dozen Silver rings and probably a dozen gold plated pieces..

Amazes me how many pieces of Jewelry are lost...

Congrats to you both !!

When I first stated a year and a half ago ... My wife said you will never find a ring.. after the first 12 she changed her tune fast.. last year I found 38 and this year so far I am at 13, 5 were gold and all told 8 pieces of Gold, A few dozen Silver rings and probably a dozen gold plated pieces..

Amazes me how many pieces of Jewelry are lost...

I agree! My wife and I got into the hobby together and were both pretty sceptical about finding a bunch of rings. 11 later and most of them silver we have a little more optimisim... and we're both blown away at how many people lose them. Still haven't found a BIG gold ring yet but our first ring we ever got was 10k gold so I'm optimistic. .. been hooked on ring hunting ever since Lol

I always enjoy finding a ring. It's a special thing when you're metal detecting. It just gets more special and enjoyable with higher quality and value...or, I imagine, even more if it's purposely finding a lost ring, or returning one to an appreciative person. I too never thought I could find so many, but I'm catching on...:yes:

You guys are doing great on rings. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Around here they’ve built fences to keep everyone out of the school grounds. Those school shootings changed the security measures. Wish I could get access!

So far for the year Amanda and I have dug up 11 rings. We never thought we would be so lucky! When we first got into this hobby we figured we'd find one every so often but mostly coins. Never thought we'd have over 10! 6 of these are .925 and one of them is 10k gold! Hopefully we keep this ring thing up!

That is a fantastic ratio of precious metals to regular rings. only about 20-23% of my finds are silver/gold.

That's incredible!

Hope you keep up the finds! That's great!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom