Anyone know their BB guns ?

Wom 27

Elite Member
Before you say what’s this got to do with metal detecting, it’s everything! It’s just too damn hot. So I want a bb pistol with a fair size magazine, co2, well made, little maintenance and maybe small enough for 12 year old grandson. Anyone ?

Been a very long time since I had one, but I'd make sure to teach your grandson to be very careful, I was searching for something funny from the "A Christmas Story" movie as your post reminded me of Ralphie and his BB gun and here is a quote I found online:

"Between 1990 and 2016, the data suggests there were 364,133 children (less than 18 years old) injured by nonpowder firearms, which include BB, paintball, airsoft, and pellet guns.

BB guns accounted for 80.8% of all the injuries. The injuries were mostly from unintentional accidents among young boys at their homes. The average age of the injured was 11.8 years old, 99% were unintentionally injured, 87% were boys, and nearly 90% of the injuries happened at home—in other words, the Ralphie scenario."
(end of quote)

I have a CO2 Gamo P23 (made in Spain) It's fun, quiet and has held up ok. Not as good or reliable as previous one (Crossman? or Dasey? ) but the Gamo was more similar to my real gun for practice.

Rewind a few decades and I'd recommend a Crosman Powermatic 1600. Had a blast back in the day. I'm out of touch with current offerings.

I'll play angry old man and re-state the dangers of firing BBs at 400+fps... obviously firearm safety needs to be in place, but also the significant ricochet possibility with steel BBs. Beeman used to sell lead BBs, with their own dangers, of course...

Also avoid any gun designed for BBs AND pellets. More specifically ones with a rifled barrel, which is great for pellets, but imparts weird spirals to BBs. Smooth bore is the way to go.

Happy Hunting ha ha.

I have a 70’s Roger CO2 powered pistol. Looks just like a Luger.
Crossman scoped 760 pump bb/.177.
New Gamo scoped.177 Rifle.

Be warned, I have been trying to buy a Gamo Swarm Fusion Gen2 for 6 weeks. It seems there is issues with Gamo manufacturing (probably done in Chy-Na). Several other brands seem to be “out of stock” everywhere online as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be warned, I have been trying to buy a Gamo Swarm Fusion Gen2 for 6 weeks. It seems there is issues with Gamo manufacturing (probably done in Chy-Na). Several other brands seem to be “out of stock” everywhere online as well.

I went to Walmart. No stock

Thats what I’ve seen also. Got my .177 rifle this spring, last one left. None in stock since.

Back
Top Bottom